Chapter 23- Pretend To Be Together?

In Australia; The Hospital.
5 days later.

Luke's POV.
" I really did think she would wake up now how many times does this have to keep happening" I say slightly annoyed how Sammy kept ending up in hospital for one reason or another.

"I don't know Luke she's just unlucky I guess" Calum said, I looked at him. "unlucky, she's unlucky that's all you can say that she's unlucky!" I say raising my voice.

"luke mate, why are you getting so angry for? Yes you may be upset we all are but getting angry at my words isn't alright. You're too angry for some reason, what's the matter?" he asked me.

I just looked at him, " I- I feel like I'm being tested again Cal, I really do. It's every time something happens to Sammy I get so angry and get feelings again and it's not right, I'm with Amy right and to tell you the truth I'm not missing her" I say, sighing in relief after saying how I felt.

Calum's mouth was open, "you don't miss her at all? Seriously Luke what the fuck mate. Why are you feeling like this again? Do you even love her at all?" he asked me, raising his voice as he furious.

Woah and I was the one getting angry at him about Sammy now he's more angry than I was. What's that about?

" of course I do- I just think it's hard Calum she's in the UK, I haven't spoken to her once since she left. I just miss her but then I just think that maybe this is a test"

"you're never going to be happy are you? You're always going to keep coming back to Sammy, news flash Luke she's lying in a hospital bed and she doesn't love you and yet you have a beautiful girl that loves you a lot and you're questioning yourself again. When are you going to realise the girl is amazing and any guy could sweep her off her feet at any time." he spat at me.

"don't you think I don't know that Calum? Don't you think I don't know that any lad could come along and possibly take her but I can't help feeling like this. I can't and I don't know what to do, I don't know if it's because she's in the UK and I'm here." I say, he shook his head at me. "snap out of it Luke before I come over and slap your around the head to make you think straight" He warned me.

Looking at him I could tell he was being serious. "sorry" I apologised. "yeah imagine how amy would feel if she knew you were talking like this again" he said. "I know it's not like your going to tell her is it. You wouldn't do that" I say.

"let's just focus on being here for Sammy" He said looking at her body as she layed in the bed. Michael and Ashton then walked through the door. "any news?" Ashton asked. "nope still the same" Calum said.

The others sat down next to us as we sat and waited for anymore news about Sammy waking up. Hailee came in and joined us later on and sat on Calum's lap, at least he had his girlfriend here mine was at the opposite end of the world.

Meanwhile in the UK.
Time: 9:59Pm.

Amy's Pov
I was just walking back to my nans house from the hospital. I could have had a lift back with my mother but I just needed some air and time to think about what my nan had said while visiting. She still thought I was dating Calum and wanted to see him to thank him for making me happy but she didn't know that me and Calum split up and I was back with Luke. How could you correct a dying lady when she's on her deathbed with not long to live because the cancer is killing her.
She wanted to see him but what could I do?

I couldn't ring Calum to get him over here as one he had Hailee and two I was with Luke. Why is it so messed up, I didn't know what to do. My mum thought it would be best to get Calum over here and pretend we were here for nans benefit but it's not the right thing to do, is it?