Chapter 44 -Your Family Thinks I Abuse You?

Amy's pov
I had seconds before finished talking to Brad on the phone, or in other words, Brad had decided to hang up on me before I could ask him about what he meant when he said and I quote, "ll let someone deal with you" before my phone was ringing again and it was my mother.

Why was she ringing me of all sudden?  I answered while placing the toilet seat cover down so I could sit on in. "Hey, mum, what's up?" I asked.

Phone Conversation: ( A: Amy,  AM: Amy's mother )

AM: Hiya dear, I think it should be me asking you, how are you? Why didn't you tell me?

A: I'm fine mum.

AM: Don't lie to me Amy, I know he's told you to lie to me dear but it's just us right now you don't have to lie to me anymore. You can tell me the truth. You don't need to be scared.

What the hell is she talking about? Why would I be scared?

I looked around the bathroom trying to think of any reason why she would say something like that and nothing would come to mind only the conversation I had with Brad. What if he's spoken to my mother and said some bullshit, but what could he have said exactly?

A: Scared, I'm not scared mum why would I be scared?

AM:  Of course you would say that it's because he's threatening you isn't it. You don't have to be scared anymore and you don't need to to do this alone.

A: Do what alone mum? Why would I be scared? What are you talking about? You're the one scaring me right now with all this crazy talk.

AM: See you're trying to change the conversation around onto me. Brad told me you would do this, trying to distract me from the obvious. I still can't believe you wouldn't tell me what Luke was doing to you and I had to find out from Brad.  He's such a lovely boy Amy, he's caring why couldn't you date somebody like Brad and not Luke. I've never liked Luke but especially now that he's abusing you.

I felt- actually, I didn't know how to feel, how to act or what even to say from hearing the words that I had just heard through the phone.  I found my mouth was dry,  I didn't even know what to say or even if I tried to speak the words wouldn't escape my lips. I was in shock,  major shock and I all I could do was place my finger on the end button and end the phone call.  I sat on the toilet seat lid in pure silence except for hearing the film playing in the room next door, trying to process what my mother had said but I couldn't.

How could she think Luke was abusing me?

Why would Brad say such a thing?

Was that his plan to make up complete bullshit to my mother to get her to intervene in mine and Luke's relationship?

Sighing, how was I supposed to tell the girls but not only them but Luke that Brad had only gone and told my mother that he was abusing me? I dread to think how they're going to react, how Luke's going to react. It's just another thing to add to the list of things that seem to be fucking up our relationship which is bad enough seeing as Luke seems to be giving me the cold shoulder for some reason.

Deciding it was best to leave the bathroom, I stood up and made my way over to do the door. I was about to open the door when my phone went off again looking at the phone in my hand it was a text message from my mother.

MOTHER:

You're coming back to the UK to live here, Amy. You're not staying in Sydney, not now Luke is abusing you. I want you here and if you even think about declining to come I already have word from your uncle that he will come and collect you and won't hesitate to show Luke a thing or two about abusing someone's family member. So you better start saying your goodbyes and packing your things because sweetheart you're not living in Australia any longer.