Chapter 54- I'm Happy To Swap Places

Third Person Pov:
Amy looked at Sammy, " you're lying,  why are you lying? Why are you lying to me?!" She said her voice cracking as she spoke. " I need to go Ash, but keep me posted on how he is, i love you" Sammy spoke into the phone as she continued to look at Amy who was shaking her head. Sammy ended the call and placed the  phone into her pocket. " Amz, i'm not lying it was Ashton on the phone, Luke's on the way to hospital-"

"He was fine when I left, Sammy. He was fine and now he's getting drunk past his limit, sleeping around and now he's got hit by a fucking car and he's unconcious. I c- can't deal with this." Amy said to Sammy, stopping what she was doing and walked out from around the bar, she threw the towel that was in her hand onto the bar and walked off.

Sammy followed after her " Amy!"  She called after her friend, following her as she walked out the bar despite being on shift even though she was due to finish soon anyway. Sammy continued to follow her as she walked down the street.

"Amy!" " go away" Amy said back as she continued to walk away," where are you going?"  Sammy asked, " away from you, away from everything. Away from finding out Luke's a mess yet again,  that he's been hit by a car and might not wake fucking up."

" walking away won't change what's happened, you can keep walking as far as you want but the events that have happened won't erase. He's still been hit by a car, Amz.  That won't change no matter how much you want it to or however far you walk. It's happened and i know its hurting you but walking away from me won't change a thing" Sammy said.

Amy stopped walking, " you're right,  it won't change it no matter how much I tell myself it will. Nothing I seem to do anymore works out, I leave to make things better to hopefully see Luke become happy but that didn't work out. Nothing fucking works out the way I plan it too. Everything messes up, life's just a messed up world with messed up people and i'm the biggest messed up person in it" She said turning around to look at Sammy with tears in her eyes.

" I'm messed up, I messed up Luke's life that much he drank to take the pain away and had to sleep around to try to take it away. I'm the reason he did all that I'm the reason he's on the way to hospital. I'm the reason he could die. He should've never met me Sammy then maybe he wouldn't be in the situation he's in right now"  Amy said. " god, he could die and it would be all my fault. It's all my fault" Amy said crying. Sammy walked over to her and pulled her into a hug, " it's not your fault and he's not going to die. Luke's a fighter and he'll fight it. So, when he wakes up and realises what an idiot he's been you'll be there and somehow it'll all work out"

Sammys POV:

I rubbed Amy's back as she cried on my shoulder, " it won't work out it never does" she muttered. I shake my head, " i think you should know by now, first loves always win." I said to her, my little motto. " nothing toxic ever works out" She said stepping back to look at me.  She wiped her eyes with her hand, took a deep breath. " you need to go back to be with them"  She said.

I nod my head, " you're right i do but so do you. You need to come back with me to make sure Luke's alright" I say. She shakes her head, " I can't come back, it won't make anything better"

"And what about Luke, huh? You're just going to stay here while he's in hospital and like you said might not wake up. He'll want you as soon as he wakes up, you know that."

" He doesn't need me"  Amy said shaking her head.  " He never has done and never will do. He just thinks he does but the truth is Luke doesn't need me to be alright or to live his life. He was fine before he met me and he'll be fine when he forgets me"

" you think he'll forget you? Are you crazy Amy? He loves you there's no way he would forget about you. " He's crazy for loving me because all I've caused him is nothing but heartbreak" She said looking at me. I rolled my eyes at her. " and you'll break it more if you're not there when he wakes up"