Chapter 25- He's Just Being A Friend

Back in The UK.

Amy's Pov.

Calum was asleep upstairs in the spare bedroom while I was sat downstairs on the sofa alone thinking about how I was going to tell my nan who had not long to live that me and Calum weren't together and that we were pretending to make her happy.

I didn't know what I was going to say, we couldn't keep letting her think we were together when we weren't as we were dating other people. I was dating Luke but I wish he was here but I had to have Calum come to me to help me with trying to make my nans last days happy.

I hadn't spoken to Luke since the day I tried to ask him for advice about what to do with my nans situation but he went mad and slammed the phone into Calum's chest. We haven't spoken since then as it's been days since that conversation and I had no idea where me and Luke stood within our relationship. I didn't even know if we were alright with each other or what because he wouldn't reply to my texts or calls.

I think we were near the end of our relationship because we haven't spoken in days. I missed him, I did but I doubt he missed me as if he did he would answer my calls and reply to my text messages but nothing. This is one of the most important times I needed to know he was there for me because my nan was dying but was he? No. But Calum was and he really shouldn't be it should be your partner that's there for you when you need comfort not your ex.

I picked up my phone, unlocked it and clicked onto Luke's name on my contacts. Clicking ring I held the phone to my ear as it rang. I didn't care about the time difference. I just wanted to hear his voice.

It kept ringing but he never picked up the phone it went straight to voicemail. Sighing, I placed my phone down on the table. Was this the end of us? I didn't want it to be but I could tell it was near the end.

Most couples when they have a disagreement sort it out straight away so the relationship stays strong but us, it's been days and Luke won't answer me. I just can't do it anymore. I can't, not now.

My phone beeped, I picked it up and saw a new message off Ashton. Unlocking my phone I clicked on the message, reading it my heart sank and the tears started rolling down my face.

From Ashton.

Hey Amy, I hope you are well. I know it's not the right time with everything going on with your nan but I thought you had the right to know. Luke told me today when we were both at the hospital that he was still in love with Sammy. I'm sorry, x

I couldn't take this anymore, my own boyfriend was in love with Sammy still. I knew he was before but I thought he got over that. I can't keep doing this, I just can't. I don't need this right now. I can't take it.

Leaving my phone on the table I got up and walked out of the living room towards the front door. I looked up at the stairs knowing Calum was asleep, I couldn't bother him with my problems I already asked him a favour already I couldn't burden him with my luke problems again. I opened the front door and walked out, closing the door behind myself quietly hoping not to wake Calum up as he was asleep upstairs.

I walked away from my house while wiping my tears as I walked. They kept coming back though as quick as I wiped them away more were falling. I couldn't keep going forwards and backwards with Luke I couldn't. I deserved better than this. I did. It just made me think was it worth going back to Australia just to watch the guy I loved, love my bestfriend. I couldn't.

I kept walking trying to clear my mind but all I could think about was Ashton's text message. I ended up walking to the hospital maybe seeing my nan would take my mind off Luke loving sammy still. I hope it would.