Chapter 28- You're Sleeping On The Couch

Third Person's POV.

It had been two weeks since Ashton phoned Amy to tell her Sammy was awake. Amy did decide to return to Australia buying a ticket so did Calum however because Amy's nan died and the funeral plans had been arranged and Amy really wanted to say goodbye to her nan one last time she had to call up the airport and change her ticket for a few days later.  Calum wanted to stay with her so she wasn't alone dealing with everything right now but with Amy keep on  telling him she was “fine” and that he had to go back to Hailee he caved and took the originally flight amy should have been on going back to Australia alone by himself.

However, Amy did go back after the funeral  on the plane three days later as planned. She had to face Luke at some point and she wanted just to get on with her life and not run away from her problems anymore. She was old enough to sort them out herself staying at the opposite end of the world wasn't going to solve her problems.

Back at Amy's & Luke's Apartment:

Luke's POV.

It's been around two weeks since Sammy slapped me around the face alerting me that she had no feelings for me what so ever; that gave me a wake up call. She didn't want me, she said then when she said all she will ever be to me is a friend.

I don't know when Amy will be back, we haven't spoken since she dumped me over the phone, I did deserve it I was lying to her. Calum has returned  and I have seen him as well as the others but Calum being Calum and how close he is to Amy just kept giving me sly dirty looks and wouldn't tell me when she was coming back.  I mean we were going to live together as I'm not moving out, I had the right to know when she was coming back to our apartment we brought together.

I found out when the main door opened  she was home. I wanted to go help her but I knew she wouldn't want my help. Why would she?

I heard the front door close and a suitcase being pulled obviously to the bedroom. Our shared bedroom.  I got up from where I was sitting in the living room and made my way to the bedroom. I stopped at the doorway and watched as she was unpacking her suitcase, I didn't know what to say to her. She didn't notice me which was good I think. I don't know how I would explain why I was stood here watching her unpack.

I wanted to go up to her and hold her and tell her how sorry I was for hurting her AGAIN! I didn't. She turned around and looked at me as I was looking at her.

“if you think i'm going to move out because we aren't together you're mistaken. It's my apartment too.” I said beating her to it, I wasn't moving out of my own apartment that I helped buy no way.

“I never said you had to move out but seeing as we’re on the topic of the apartment. Since we aren't together anymore. I want you to start contributing more. I want you to help maintain a clean apartment that means picking up after yourself and cleaning. Start contributing money towards the food” She said coming off with a list. I crossed my arms. “anything else, you’ll be telling me to buy my own toilet roll next” I said sarcastically.

“yeah there's one more thing you’ll be sleeping on the sofa”  she said. I laughed. “ I  don't think so” I said putting my foot down.  “where else are you going to sleep then  Luke because you're not sleeping in bed with me. It's the sofa or outside under the stars”

“i'm sleeping in that bed!’ I pointed to it. “it's my bed too, just because we aren't together doesn't mean you have the authority to say where I can and can't sleep amy” I said raising my voice.

She raised an eyebrow at me, I saw a smirk appear at her lips.”who brought the bed Luke? Because if I'm not mistaken it was me not you so yes I can tell you where to sleep because I brought it”  she said and I was defeated.

“fine I’ll sleep on the sofa it's a lot better than sleeping next to you anyway” I spat turning on my heels and walking out the room muttering a “well played” to myself. I will end up back in that bed sooner or later. I know it.

A couple nights later:

Amy's POV.

I was just about to fall asleep when I heard a bang and a loud “fuck!” Knowing it was Luke probably fallen off the sofa I laughed a little before getting out of bed and walking out of the room heading towards the living room area to see I was right luke was lying on the floor obviously fallen off.

I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. Luke noticed my presence. “ I was meant to do that” he said standing up and rubbing his arms. “yeah because people like to throw themselves off the sofas don't they” I rolled my eyes. “liar” I spoke watching him adjust his boxers.

“fine I fell off the sofa happy now? That I've hurt myself because you won't let me sleep in bed with you” He said looking at me intensively. “ are you alright?” I ask concerned as he did have a nasty fall slightly. “ yeah I'm fine just a little shocked that's all that I fell off the sofa”  He said but raised his eyebrow at me. “you still care about me” He said walking closer to me. “you still care about me. You care about me” He teased as he now stood in front of me. I didn't move as he walked towards me, he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to his body so we were pressed against each other.

“what are we doing amy? We still care about each other and you still have feelings for me it's obvious so why can't we forget this stupid bed arrangement and just go to bed together” he said placing his hand on my cheek. I looked down at his hand and closed my eyes. Whys he being all nice when I'm supposed to be mad at him?

“Amy”  my eyes opened to look at him, he had my attention. “ can we please just forget what happened?” he asked me.  I wanted to but I couldn't.  He hurt me really bad and I don't know if this time I could forgive him.

“ Luke we can't- I can't forget what happened you went and said something like that while being with me. I think it's just best if we just pretend we're two people living in the same apartment who never dated and don't have feelings for each other” I said coldly pushing him away from me.

“goodnight luke” I said walking out of living room and back into the bedroom. I went to close the door and saw Luke standing against the living room door frame looking at me with tears in his eyes. “amy please”

I slammed the door closed and took a deep breath in then back out again before heading towards the bed. I got into bed, my head hitting the pillow when I felt the warmth from the cover disappear and an arm go around my body then the cover back over me.  “no Luke” I said trying to remove his arm but I couldn't.

“Amy if you think i'm sleeping another night on the sofa when I can be sleeping next to you, you're mistaken” He said pulling me closer to his body. I didn't have the energy to fight with him over it I was too tired and beside he was warm after all.

An. Sorry it's short but wanted to update for you! As me and Mary Anne have been busy.

Stay tuned for Mary Anne, @smileforhemmings to write next.
@Imaginethosevamps