Chapter 3

Thanks for another cover, Anarissia^^
----

"R-revenge?" I step back but he immediately closes the distace again. "W-what do you mean?"

God what have I gotten myself into...

He smiles at me and cups my cheek as he speaks in a soft tone "No need to be afraid of me, love. I am willing to help you out with your little problem. All you need to do in return is to stay here. With me."

"B-but I can't just stay here. It'd make me feel bad...-" I say to trying to get myself out of this.

"That means you do want to get revenge." He states with a smirk while raising an eyebrow at me.

I don't know... do I?

I look down to think about it for a moment and before even realizing what I am doing I reply "Yes."

His hand slides down my neck and shoulder finding its way to my hand. "Alright. Then leave everything to me. You don't have to worry about anything. And if you feel bad about staying here for free... you can start working as my maid."

"Maid..." I mumble to myself.

"If you're not ok with that just tell me."

"N-no, it's alright. T-thank you. You're really nice." I reply with a smile.

God... what have you done...

I started to not be that cute little girl anymore.

By working as a maid?

Shush... no one needs someone to point out the obvious.

So you don't know why you're doing this?

No, not at all. But I guess it is because of the fact that I have nowhere else to go.

"Good. You'll start tomorrow but first... follow me my dear." He says taking my hand and I follow him.

After a while I find myself in a room that could be something like a huge living room. Like every other room, everything looks antique and pompous. From brown to red to golden colors and huge paintings.

"Wow" I look around and stare at everything in awe. Only his deep chuckle pulls me out of my thoughts and I look at him again. He offers me a seat wich I take and he sits down across from me.

"Well... I am really sorry... I only noticed now that I don't even know your name."

"Oh right. My name is Amanda Black." Wow how come I diddn't notice either... that's kinda weird...

He offers me a hand which I shake when he says "Very nice to meet you Amanda. My name is Johnathan Lockwood."

"Really nice to meet you too. Also thank you for having me. If you didn't I guess I'd be dead by now." Either I would have gotten myself killed by accident or 'he' would have found me and punished me to death. I slightly shudder at the thought.

"That's alright. I live alone so I guess some company isn't that bad after all. Besides... a maid would be quite handy." He offers me a smile which I return "By the way. How old are you?"

"19." I say and look down.

"I see. So... will you become 20 this year or-"

I because of my nervousness I cut him off "No. I've only become 19 recently."

"Oh. When was that?" He asks with his eyebrows raised and curiousity sparkling in his eyes.

Good job... now you have to tell him.

Shush... I know this one went bad... but trust me, I can handle this.

Sure...

"Today."

*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°

Hey, hi and hello ^-^

So the next chapter is up and I hope you like it♡

cuddle♡

Hug♡

Vote♡

Comment♡

Share♡

Yours Mel♡

PS: yeah I did just update 3 chapters within a few minutes xD But the next one I'll leave for tomorrow^-^

PPS: thank you @KLeviBear,  and @XXJennicaXX for adding by book to your reading lists<3