Chapter 49

My lips are tuching his and they are so soft and it feels so right. My hand moves to his neck and his arms around my waist while our lips keep moving in sync. A weird feeling bubbles up in my tummy making me feel happy. I wonder if he can feel it too...

My heart beats faster and harder making me feel more alive than ever. I feel like I could do this forever. Kissing him. Running my hands through his hair. Sleeping next to him. Waking up next to him.

Wait.

This is so wrong.

What am I even thinking? I won't ever be that important for him. And he isn't that important to me either...

His mate is dead and no one will ever be able to take in her place. Besides... I'm just his maid. And again, I do not care about him that much either.

I open my eyes again and break the kiss, feeling slightly guilty. I've been acting totally weird. I should stop it. I need more distance from him.

I can't act all bipolar just like him. Well I could but I don't want to. I have to keep things clean. Distance would be the best for the both of us. After all I have to stand him for the rest of my life and I don't need any more drama in my life. And we both said it ourselves. We are friends.

You're living here, at Ludwig's where you have to pretend to be John's girlfriend. I guess distance would make him suspect something. And he already is way to interested.

Right...

B-but why can't he just say what he thinks? What is wrong with this family that every single one of them is-

"What a cute couple." Ludwig states dramatically with a hint of sarcasm. He turns on his heels, presenting the long table decorated with golden trays with food on top, golden vases and roses lying here and there. A red tablecloth with a white and much smaller one in the centre.

There were a lot of bowls with fruits and baked stuff and of course jars of wine and blood. Above the table hangs a huge chandelier with teardrop shaped crystals hanging down. It looks so beautiful and perfect. You can clearly see how much effort people must have put into this. I wish Mary was here to see this...

Keeping on daydreaming and staying in my own world I stand there. Ignoring Ludwig's voice and John's hand around my waist.

John...

It was only now when realization hit me. I kissed him. For the first time. Wouldn't this make things awkward once we're back at his place and no longer have to pretend?

The worst thing might be... that he actually was the best kiss I ever had.

Well... considering the fact that all the other kisses were... perverted pedophiles, my mothers husband and my kidnappers...

Oh shut up!

John leads me to the table, pulling me out of my thoughts. Here we go...

We sit down next to each other on the long side of the table while Ludwig takes the place on the left end of the table. Although Ludwig seems to be irritated by John's action he didn't say anything, nor did he made any weird comments. Thankfully.

I don't know at all if I should be thankful or not but we all just eat some food and keep the silence around us. Neither of the brother seems to want to talk and most certainly I wouldn't ever start talking to someone like Ludwig for no reason.

God I hate this guy. How can a human- oh right. he isn't.

How can a person be that annoying? There has to be a law against that. He just has to start talking and I want to rip his fricking head off. The imagination makes my heart beat faster in delight. Almost as if screaming at me to finally do it.

Well I did kill a man once but he was tied on a chair for me. And I don't think I could do anything against a 2000 year old vampire...

Too bad...

"Are you alright, my love?" John whispers into my ear, making shivers run down my spine. I totally forgot about how close we sit. Though I don't know why he is whispering. His brother will hear any word we say anyway.

"Yes, I'm alright." I reply with a soft smile. "Don't bother about me though. This is your twothousand and who knows what birthday and you haven't planned a party yet. Is someone getting old?" I say with a challenging grin while ellbowing him.

I hear his brother chuckle and turn my face towards John to see him frowning at me. "Old? Me? I look freking hot. Look at me. I could pass as a 20 year old." He reply crossing his hands over his chest.

"Yeah, yeah we all know that. Vampire. And yet you are one of the most boring people I have ever met." Too much? Yeah, I think so. But I am way too curious to just shut up.

Looking in his eyes I see a glint appearing in them as he whispers. "I'm gonna show you boring tonight."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey<3

Sorry for the late update (Wow I keep saying that a lot... don't I?)

Well I hope you enjoy :)

Love, Mel<3