Chapter 55

Closing my eyes and slowly breathing in and out I try to calm myself. I open my eyes again and look around.

Well... isn't that scary after all. 

The room is pretty dark and a little dusty but still beautiful. On my right there is a huge bed while in fron of me I can see a window. To my left there is a closet and a painting covered with a curtain or someting.

I walk over to the painting and pull the cloth away. The painting is so beautiful. It showes a woman wearing a bloodred dress and a tiara. She has black, long hair and beautiful green, shining eyes. Her skin is pretty pale and her lips are red. She is wearing a necklace that almost looks like mine and some earings and a bracelett matching it.

Her smile is georgeous and she looks like a very nice person. I don't know for sure but I think it is his mate. I wonder what her name is...

I turn right and walk over to the desk. I sit down on the chair and sigh.

"Am I really going to do this?" I whisper to myself.

I open the drawer and look inside. I see all kinds of stuff, from nib and ink pot to letters and a stamp with an emblem.

I take out one of the letters and open them. Well it already was open but you know what I mean.

Dear Martha,

Love of my life, my angel, my everything

My star shining at night, leading me back home.

Home where you are and home where-

I stop reading and put the letter back. I really shouldn't read something that private. But at least I now know her name. 

Martha.

Dead for centuries and still loved an unforgotten. I wish that one day someone will love me like that too... but that may never happen since I'm trapped as someone's slave. I could either live as someone's shadow or get together with is psychopathic brother who... hates me. Conclusion: In this life I won't ever be able to be happy. At least not in things like love.

Love... what does it mean anyway? That you like someone? That you care about them? That you would do anything for them? That you trust them?

I don't know... I never loved someone... maybe my aunt but I'm not sure.

I get up again and walk over to the window, staring outside. I stare at the half moon and admire its beauty. I know it's rust a rock who can't even shine on its own but I still love it. The dark night sky, the twinkling stars and the shining moon altogether with a fresh breeze of cold night air and the rustling of the trees.

What creeps most people out is where I feel safe and secure. I've always had a connection to the forest and I don't even know why.

Thinking about it I have an idea. I could go to the garden o as he calls it park.

I walk over to the door and open it carefully. I peek outside to make sure no one sees me before I run down the stairs and down the hall. Now standing in front of the front door I turn my back on it and run past the staircase to the next big door.

This has to be it.

I open the wooden door with a slight creaking sound welcoming the fresh air blowing into my face. I stare out in awe. It's pretty dark and there are no light but I still see the big skulptures and the big fountain in the centre, all the flowers and big trees.

I start walking again, heading to... I don't even know where.

Somehow I find myself standing in front of a statue after a while. It shows a woman in a dress. I guess it is this Martha girl.

Stepping closer and touching it I smile. But not for long because I see through substance seems to come out of it and I step back immediately.

"W-what the hell?"

No matter how much I back away the woman follows me.

I get myself together and ask her. "Are you Martha?"

She smiles and nods. "Yes I am. But I am so much more and there is so much you don't know yet..." She sighs. "But you should know it. It is really important for you to know but yet I can not tell you. I musn't tell you. I am really sorry but you have to find out yourself." She stepps closer and cups my cheek. "And remember. Open your eyes."

"W-what?" I ask confusedly but before I can ask any further questions I feel how the energy is being sucked out of my body. I become so tired all of the sudden and can't do anything against it. I can't keep my eyes open and start feeling dizzy. My legs can't hold me anymore and I feel myself falling to the ground. But it doesn't matter. Nothing seems to matter anymore.

I her her voice appearing again. "Take it off and open your eyes, Amanda."

I feel my eyes closing and my sould drifting away, into the dephs of the darkness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey<3 

I hope you like the new chapter<3

plus you have no idea how long it took me to find a name for the mate xD I first wanted to name her Catherine but that would remind me on the vampire diaries and I couldn't name her Sarah, Lilly(nor names related to this) because I always pick names like that xD and most of the other names for girls in the medieval times are horrible ._.

Buuuut I finally have one and I hope it is acceptable xD

Well... see ya in about nine hours I guess ^-^ (I think my next update will be around that time)

Love, Mel<3