Chapter 24

"Well in that case... I think I don't have to know." I mutter and he let's out a chuckle

"Somehow I knew you'd say that." I just ignore that comment of his and once again stare outside.

After what felt like centuries of awkward silence he breaks it "I really love that dress on you. It really suits you." He says gesturing to the red dress I'm wearing.

It was the dress he told me about being his favourite one. "Thanks you." I whisper smiling at him. Before I could return his compliment the door opens and I exid the car looking at a big house. It may even be bigger that John's. I was dragged back to reality when he stood beside me offering me his arm to grab. We walk up the stairs and enter the building.

Just smile and act as if being in love with the man next to you, I thing to myself.

Once we are standing inside the builing it rather looks like a palace due to it's over done decorations. But over done as in too expensive for a normal human being to ever pay in a lifetime. All golden with beautiful paintings and crytal chendeliers hanging down while flowers lighten everything up.

"Brother!" Another male voice chirps happyly threw the hall while footsteps are cklicking on the ground comming closer and closer.

"Lu, nice to see you again. It feels like at least a few decades since we last met." John exclims hugging his brother. 

After his brother pulls back his gaze lands on me and his smile widens "And who is this beautiful young lady you've brought along, brother?"

John offers me a warm mile which I return "Brother, meet my girlfriend Amanda. Amanda, this is Ludwig. My eldest brother."

"Nice to meet you." 

"The pleasure is mine." He replies as if being in deep thoughts "Good." he claps his hands and walks off "We should talk later, my dear but first I want to dance!"

We follow him finding ourselves in a crowded hall full of people chatting, eating, drinking and dancing. "Wow" I breathe out.

"Johnathan!" A woman appearing to be in my age runns into his arms.

"Mary, I've missed you." He whispers pulling her ven closer to himself.

"Brother? Who is the girl?" She asks with curiosity sparkeling in her eyes.

"This is my girlfriend, Amanda." He replies

Her eyes widen "You have a girlfriend!" She smiles at me suddenly squealing "Finally!"

"Nice to meet you, Mary." I say cringing at the high pitched tone

But she kind of ignores me "Likewise." She turns back to John "Finally, finally, finally. All these years you came here without a partner and now you finally brought someone along. I'm proud, really proud. You're moving on."

Moving on?

I look at him with a questioning expression but he ignores it "Let's dance, my love."

I smile at him and nod. He guides me to the dance floor and we start dancing to the beautiful music the orchestra was playing.

His hand lies on my bck wile the other one is holding my hand as we move to the rhythm of the music. And to be honest I kind of enjoy it. It's like we finally have a break from our fighting and stress. This weekend is almost like a holiday but suddenly I remember something and I can't hold myself back from asking "What did your sister mean?"

"Who did you think you were talking to the other night?"

I frown at him "Don't avoid my question."

"You do the same." He states in a duh tone.

"Ok be like this, I guess I juest have to ask one of your siblings then." I say while pulling away but I have no chance of escaping since he pulls me closer to himself only inches seperating us as we feel each others breath.

"I'll answer all of your questions if you'll answer mine."

I roll my eyes letting out a sigh "Fine. We'll talk later. Outside."

"Fine." 

"Amanda!" I turn around to see his brother calling for us. We leave the dance floor to go and talk to his brother but as soon as we are there his sister takes John's hand guiding him away.

"I'll be right back, my love." He yells wile his sister keeps dragging him away.

I chuckle and turn back to Ludwig whose glare suddenly turned cold making my chuckle disappear "Why aren't you his yet?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey <3

I hope you like this chapter<3

Thanks for all your support<3

Love, Mel<3

PS: thanks @Gudops302 and @QerenCatz for adding my book to your lists<3