Chapter 50

I bite my lip, trying to avoid his gaze. God I feel like I've just turned in a redder shade than a tomatoe itself. Just the realization that I still don't have a present for him makes me turn back to my normal skin colour. Just picking up his Idea I could-

No!

I shudder slightly and shake my head, shaking that thought away all along. God where did this even come from?

I hear Ludwig getting up followed by his annoying voice. "God, I can't stand you two."

"You don't have to. Sit back down, honey." I suggest tilding my head to the side and grinning at him like a child. His sinister expression makes me wanting to take that back but John's chuckle restores my confidence.

Ignoring what I just said he continues. "I got a letter anyway. From James Brown."

"James?" John exclaims.

"Yes, Brother. And he might has the information we need. I'm going to meet him at Big mountain's clock in a bit. See you later and happy birthday." Within a blink of my eyes he is gone. Leaving John and me alone at the table.

"What information?" I ask curiously.

"Information we need in order to track down a certain person."

"The killer?"

"Yes."

Now I understand... they were acting as if nothing happened but in reality they are working on finding them and killing them. I hope it won't take them too long. Else they could try to kill me again, this time succeeding and Mary would've died for no reason.

Well she already did. She died for me.

"Say that again and I will bite your tounge out. Now come."

Did I say that out loud? Weird.

Not leaving any space for me to argue,  he drags me along. "Hey!" I exclaim but to no avail. I open my eyes again to find myself in a library.

Wow...

"We have to find something." John says. "The family book of the Brown's and the Blackville's. Oh and the Redshed's."

I simply nod at him, repeating the names in my head. Before I can start searching he hands me a cup of famillar amber liquid. Still feeling all confident I say. "If you want to see me naked all you need to do is ask." I add a small wink and try not to laugh at his expression.

He stares at me with wide eyes and tilds his head to the side. "Seriously?"

"Of course not." I scoff. I shake my head and turn left, taking my first gulp. God. I'll need a few more of these.

Walking around in the huge library for hours and collecting books that might help us I return back to the entrance almost tripping over my own feet. I place the four dusty books on the ground and sit down. John soon joins me with another five books and together we try to find anything usefull.

A couple gulps and pages later I stare outside to see it already is dark. "Did James return from Ludwig yet?" I ask John.

With an amused expression he says. "I think you mean if Ludwig returned from James yet-"

"That's what I just said." I state with a frown.

"Nope. You said it the other way around."

"Whatever." I mutter, looking away.

"To answer your question, he did not."

I nod at him and close the book. "God I can't find anything in here..."

"Me neither. Let's call it a day and go back to our room." He says adding a yawn to support his argument.

"Yeah." I let him help me stant up and sling my arms agound him and he does the same. 

I let go of him and walk over to the closet standing in our room. I get rid of my dress, placing it carefully inside of it and pulling a nightgown out. I put it on and jump on the bed. 

Not drinking too much has its perks. Like being able to walk and being able to think about what you do.

Just wearing his boxers he lies down next to me. Notecing that he still hasn't recieved a present from me I ask. "Why were you never trying to drink my blood?"

"I don't know." He says, brushing a strand of my hair back. "Maybe because I like you."

Looking at him with an confused expression I ask. "So you only drink from those you don't like?"

"No... Not at all- Well I mostly drink from strangers so why would I care if I like them or not?"

"Why didn't you just kill me back then?"

"If you want to die, just tell me. But it wouldn't mean a thing nor would it change a thing because my sister died for you. So you better live at least for a thousand years."

I frown at him but chuckle soon after. "You know I can't. I'm human."

"Become a vampire then."

"Nah." I say, softly tuching the tip of his nose. "I can't and you know that."

"Please." He beggs but to no avail. He sighs trying another strategy. "Then at least drink my blood every day. If you kill yourself or someone else kills you, you would come back."

"Why don't you just drink my blood instead." I say and sit up again.

He sits up too and looks at me with a confused expression "Huh?"

I bite my lip for a moment and close my eyes. I breathe in and open my eyes again. "Today is your birthday and I have nothing I could possibly give to you. Even if I did have money there wouldn't be a point in buying you something since you already have anything you could buy with money. All I have is...me. You gave me a birthday present and I would feel bad not resturning the gesture. Please accept my offer and drink my blood."

He licks his bottom lip and looks away for a brief moment, debating on what to do next. He looks at me again, his amber eyes burning into my own and asks. "Are you sure?"

"Yes." I reply. I push my hair to the side, revealing my neck and close my eyes. I hear him shifting on his spot and then comming closer to myself. He places his hands on my shoulders and moves his left arm to mine as he pulls me on his lap. I open my eyes again to look at him. He smiles at me so I smile back and look back away.

He cups my left cheek and draws a line down to my jaw line, plaing his hand on the back of my head. I close my eyes again as me pulls my body closer. I hear him breathing for a while when his grip suddenly tightens.

He places a small kiss on my neck, what might be a nice gesture from his side but for me it is just torture. He then bites fastly into my neck and even if he did it in vampire speed I could feel how his teeth dug through my skin and I swear it isn't a nice feeling at all. I feel how the blood is leaving my body and I feel his mouth pressed against the wound. His soft lips against my bare skin, his teeth though my skin and blood vessel his toung licking it clear, almost tickling me.

At first I felt all uncomfortable and just wanted to run away but now I feel my boody relaxing and giving in. It starts to feel good and I let out a sigh to cover up a potential moan.

Giving in to it more and more I fell the darkness pulling me back to its comfortable embrace and welcome it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey<3

This was my longest chapter so far and I hope you like it :)

(about +1220 words)

Have a great day<3

Mel<3