Chapter 12

I take out my notebook and pencil starting to write a poem. I used to do that a lot. Even if most of them are crappy and I won't ever look at them again I keep doing it to calm myself.

Tick tock goes the clock

My heart turned into a rock

I don't feel human anymore

I know she is right when she calls me a whore

My time on earth is fading

I know the devil is waiting

for me to finally finish it

Believe me I'll be there in a bit

But I guess I'm just too weak

I want to scream but I can't even speak

I cry myself to sleep clenching my fist

I tried so many times I should make a list

never did it right I never let go of hope

I know I should I know I did I should just take a rope

let all the problems fall off of me

"You'll get over it" We'll see

I just want to die

So this is my goodbye

Satisfied with my work I put my stuff back on the nightstand and started playing games on my phone since I wasn't able to sleep anyway.

After a while of playing I got bored so I opened my browser and typed in random things when suddenly a thought crossed my mind.

I now have a phone... should I log in into my social media?

No! Are you stupid or something? Someone could see that you're online and for all they know you're dead. Besides... who do you want to text with anyway. We both know that those people aren't friends. Just be happy that you can start over and don't ruin it.

Right ,right. I think to myself

So instead I just typed in some random things when I suddenly get curious.

Are they still searching for me?

So I type in my name and klick on the first link I see. It takes ages to load and when it finally did load...

The page with the news wasn't showing... instead my phone's camera openes and I frown at myself. I press the back button and try to load it.

This time it seems to take even longer... what's wrong with either my phone or his wifi?

And this time... the page wasn't showing of again but an incomming call.

Unknown

No shit. I don't have any contacts so it would be much of a miracle it not being a unknown number.

Debating for a while if I should answer it I press the green button holding the phone towards my ear "Hello?"

For a while all I hear is heavy breathing and only when I am about to end the call he says something making me freeze.

"Amanda." His deep and rusky voice echos threw my mind and my eyes widen as realisation hits me. It can only be 'him'. Not John, not my kidnapper, not one of my friends. It's him and he is back!

What do I do what do I do what do I do?!

A flash of memory rushes threw me but I block it again as a shiver runns down my spine.

I put together all my courage and untie my toungue not paying attention to my body fighting against me yelling at me not to move nor make a sound and just disappear.

"I think you have the wrong number, sir." My voice was rather shaky than confident but I still am proud of myself.

Just when I think he'll give up he says something scaring me "I can see you. Amanda."

Not being able to handle this situation I just hang up and let myself fall back into my bed. I close my eyes letting the weird fluid roll over my cheeks.

I pull myself up again and start walking up and down my room.

What do I do now?!

HE FUCKING KNOWS!

I can see you

Amanda

Just imagening his voice makes me feel sick.

I keep walking and try to calm myself. When I feel like I was doing that for centuries I look at the time again.

6:30am

Finally.

I let out a breath of relief and head into the bathroom taking a shower. Once I'm done and dry I put on my maid costume.

I walk over to the door not bothering to take my phone with me.

I guess I should work my mind off of this crap.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed this chapter,

Love Mel

PS: thank you @grace_pormon and @dedo_alezandra for adding the book to your reading lists<3