Chapter 87

"Amanda, are you alright?" He suddenly asks me, placing the fork back on the table and stops eating.

I take a sip of water before smiling at him. Yeah, everything is perfectly fine.

I guess by now I am one of the most powerful creatures on this whole planet. I accepted the throne and lead my people to their home. I did everything I needed to do before I came back here.

Now I have my own kingdom. My own people, my own law, my everything. Of course I have a lot of responsibility but my people are trusting me. I know that others have noticed us. They probably are planning to take us down as we sit here but that's not going to happen. Before they are even able to set a foot out of their territory, I will rip of their heads and bathe in their blood.

Maybe I should just prevent anything like that by just killing everyone. No other supernatural species will be left and no one will be left to try to harm us.

"Yes, everything is fine." I reply with another smile.

Maybe I should start with Redshed's wolves. I've always had a thing for soft fur to cuddle myself in. Yeah, I'll rip their skins off and bathe in their blood while Redshed has to watch. He is the last one to die. That sounds fun.

"You've changed." He states and my smile fades.

I've changed? Is that bad? Will he throw me away like everybody else did? Please I can't-

"I'm just worried, that's why I'm asking. But you're sure that you're alright?"

"Yes." I whisper and nod my head.

Kill everyone...

Maybe not everyone, I need John.

Thinking about everything that happened between us I can't help but wonder about Ho-nique.

I am about to ask him about her when I notice that we are sitting outside.

I should pay more attention to my surroundings.

"Uhm, John?" I ask. "What happened to-"

He cuts me off by simply smiling at me. I don't know what it is but this smile is different. I find myself frowning while I try to think about what it might be.

"What happened?" He suddenly asks. "You accepted the throne but ever since you're back, you're acting differently."

"Y-you said that already." I state. "In what way am I different? And is it bad?"

I can't help but hold on to the fear that he will throw me away any second. Like some piece of trash and I can't stand that thought. It drives me crazy and rips me inside out. I couldn't live without him.

But why should he keep me? I'm a burden to everyone. I know he is my mate and I shouldn't thing about that but... I can't help it.

Maybe it's because I don't always give him what he wants. What if he-

"I don't know what it is but you just seem to be so far away." He says. "You're right next to me but it feels like you're miles away. To far away for me to reach you." He looks at me with a worried expression. "Did something bad happen?"

I sigh before I rest my head on his shoulder. "Just promise me not to leave me."

"What?" He exclaims. "Why the hell should I leave you? Amanda, I love you. I would never ever leave you, do you hear me?" He grabs my shoulders and shakes me a bit.

I smile and press my lips against his. It feels so good and so right. For a short moment my mind goes blank and I am able to relax.

He breaks the kiss and wraps his arms around my body. "Oh and before I forget to tell you, I had to bring the dog back to it's owner."

Too bad, I should've done more...

Well, I'll make sure to do it later.

"Okay. I am wondering though, what happened to Monique? Haven't seen her in a while."

"She still works here and I guess I'll keep her for a little while."

"Great." I mutter. "And what about Victoria, is she still alive?"

"She is alive. I guess she's walking around in the house." He sighs. "I know I have no right to say this but you should give her a chance. You were close once so try to get close again. No matter how angry you're now, you'll regret killing her if you don't even give her a chance."

That's it. He's crossing a line.

"I see that you have changed. Not only after you came back but even before that. You seem to be somebody else. You're just so cold and yet you're not. What I want to say with that is... Give it some time. Cool down, think about it and try to be friends with her again." He sighs again. "I don't know what happened over there with the strix but please stop acting like that, I don't like it."

He keeps talking but I stop listening.

He so crossed the line.

Keeping Ho-nique, talking about my 'best friend' like that and basically telling me that he doesn't like me or the way I act, I guess he just wants to die.

Fighting the urge to rip his head off I get up and storm off. I walk inside and walk towards the entrance.

"I'm out for a walk." I yell before I open the door with my magic and run away.

I run and run, feeling the wind blowing in my face and hair. I run and escape the world for a moment and lock myself in my mind.

Once I come back, not feeling that angry anymore, I stop running. I am standing on a clearing.

"How dare he." I mutter to myself.

But he is not the only thing I keep thinking about. My power seems to take control over my actions. Everything feels just so much... more. Every emotion is stronger and I guess if someone said what John said, that person would be long dead.

I think I'm loosing myself and it scares me.

What should I do?

It just hurts so much.

It feels like I can't trust anyone. It feels like I'm all alone again-

I turn around and spot a wolf. As I look around I see more and more. They surround me, stepping closer and closer like I am some animal they could hunt.

"Nice, Redshed's slaves." I lough out.

The first one makes the weak attempt of attacking me but before he reaches me I throw him to the ground with my magic and form my hand into a fist, causing his neck to break. I wave my hand and his head rips of while the red juice spreads all over the place.

I heard some of them wincing and some growling.

Now all of them seem to want to attack me at once. They all jump at me but again I throw them off with my magic before they touch me.

I smile to myself and form both hands into fists, crushing the wolves. Soon I am standing in a puddle of blood surrounded by dead animals.

I watch as the lower part of my dress gets soaked with blood as I suddenly feel a piercing pain in my neck and a weight pushing me to the ground.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey:)

So here's the new chapter,

I hope you like it<3

Love, hugs and kisses,

Yours Mel<3