Chapter 72

"W-what are y-you t-talking about?" I stutter in shock while letting go of his arm and stumbling backwards.

He smirks at me and steps closer with every step I back away. "Don't even try. I can feel it. You are back, aren't you Martha."

I just keep staring at him and backing away, hoping he might disappear or someone just stakes him right in front of my eyes.

Oh that's a bit dramatic, don't you think?

It sure is-
Wait, why am I having a conversation with myself again?

Just ignore me then.

I will.

"So? Why didn't you tell him? After all he is your one and only mate."

I stop moving and so does he. "Why should I tell him?"

"Why shouldn't you?" He asks back with the same wicked smile plastering his face.

"How do you know it's me?"

"I asked you a question first." He states while rolling his eyes.

I cross my as over my chest. "And I asked you second."

He let's out a laugh. "Oh, it's really you." He lets out a sigh. "I simply felt it, ok? You're not going to get a better explanation than that. I can feel people's auras, spirits or whatever you want to call it just like you already know. But what I am wondering about is that he wasn't able to feel it. He should be able to feel it since he is your mate."

"Well as much as I love talking to you, I feel tired. I'll go to my room, see you... tomorrow or something."

I start walking off but soon he is standing right in front of me again. "My brother told me to take care of you and to not leave you if it's not necessary. I will guide you to your room, my lady." He smiles at me and offers me an arm to grab.

"Alright." I breathe out.

Awesome.

"Also, while walking we can continue our little chat." Just shut up already. "The reason why I was able to tell who you are even before I touched you was because of our special connection. Back then when you lived in your last body we were really close. Now that you found back to yourself your spirit or whatever you want to call it looks and feels like you again. As soon as you stepped into this building I knew it was you."

I stare at him with a questioning look. "We were close?"

Looking slightly hurt he asks me something. "How much of your life do you remember?"

"Just enough to know it's me. I know for example how I turned into a vampire and how I died."

"I see."

"The thing is that I don't want to relive my old life but live this life. Just like my family said 'May my next life be better.' That's why I'm trying to enjoy my current life."

"Well that's good too. We can get to know each other again."

We stop in front of my room.

"Well, good night then."

All of the sudden he hugs me. "I'm glad that you are back, sister." He lets go of me and smiles. "Now go and have a good rest."

I nod and step inside of my room.

What the hell is wrong with this guy? I guess I should be grateful that I don't remember him. Even if I am curious... I guess I should just let it be.

I walk over to the bed and let myself fall onto it. I take out my phone and smile.

Arse: How are you? And is he treating you well?