Chapter 57

I take a breath and get up. I walk over to my door and follow the corridor that leads me to his office. Not bothering to knock I open the door and enter the room.

He stares outside and starts talking. "Oh and Moniq-" He shuts up when he sees me.

I lock the door with my gaze fixed on him. "Sorry to disappoint you, it's just me."

He frowns at me. "It's not disappointing at all. Long tome no see, Amanda." He points to the now locked door and asks. "Am I supposed to be afraid now?"

"I don't know. Are you?" I ask back and step closer to him.

He arches an eyebrow. "Why have you been ignoring me anyway?"

I scoff. "I ignored you? You and your new slut are ignoring me. So I returned the favour."

"Her name is Monique."

"And mine is Amanda and yours is Johnathan." I cross my arms over my chest and take another step closer to him. "Why did you do that anyway? Why is she here and why are you ignoring me? Don't you like me anymore and throw me away like a stupid toy just like everyone else? Do you like her better? I know that I do not have any valu-"

"Stop it right now!" He says and cupps my cheeks.

I frown at him and ask again. "Do you like her better?"

"No!" He pulls me closer to himself and hugs me. His arms wrap around my body and I feel... nothing. I don't move an inch and neither do I hug him back. 

"Why do you keep treating me like I'm not even there. You and your little maid-"

"Stop it, Amanda. You're the one I like. I told you a while ago. You're my only friend."

"No, I'm not." He looks at me with a confused expression so I continue. "I am no longer a friend of yours."

"W-what?" He stutters and in his eyes I can see he is hurt. Good. 

"Friends care and you simply don't. The is no one on this planet that cares about me but that's ok because I don't care either. I do my work and keep my promise. I will stay at your place until the day I die. You own me, Johnathan Lockwood but that doesn't make us friends. Once... I really thought we could be friends but I was wrong. It is better for both of us to don't even try and to not care."

"Are you serious right now?" He whispers with tears forming in his eyes. 

"Yes."

"Amanda, Please-" He says placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Johnathan, it's too late. I can not and must not care about friendships. It will tear me apart. I can't and you have to understand that. " I remove his hands from me. "Master Lockwood, I will fufill my duties but I wont do anything more than that. You are my boss, my owner and nothing more. You will never be more to me."

"Amanda, Please!" He beggs but to no avail. I'm not even listening anymore. I'm too afraid that I might give in. After all... he still is the closest thing to a friend I ever had and ever will have.

I shake my head and close my eyes. I can't look at him anymore. I just want to go and... do my job. But he grabs my shoulders once again and starts shaking me until I open my eyes.

"Amanda, you can't do this. I need you. Amanda please..."

Seeing him like this almost breaks my heart again. Almost. Too bad I don't have one anymore. I gave it away in order to be able to live on.

"Amanda... You can't do this." He says again.

"Master Lockwood, I'm afraid I can. It was my decision to make and the way you treated me the past few weeks made it easy on me. So I guess I should thank you, sir." I bow down a little.

"Cut the crap!" He yells. "Don't call me master, sir nor Johnathan. To you I am John. Please stop acting like that, I can't take it."

"As you wish." I reply emotionlessly.

"Amanda, please! I f*cking need you! Stop acting like we're strangers!" He grabs his hair and walks over to the left before he comes back to me. "I had my reasons, ok? I know this isn't much of an excuse but you have to understand-"

I push him and start yelling. "Seriously?! You've had your reasons?! To treat me like crap? Me? Your only friend? You're seriously going to use that as an excuse to treat me, your only friend left on this planet like I don't even exist? You better tell me the truth now or I'm going to f*cking kill you and your little b*tch!" I grab his collar and look him in the eyes.

Just when he is about to touch my face I give him a look which makes him pull his hand away. He looks down for a moment before he looks at me again.

"Do you remember the second time we were at my brothers?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey<3

I hope you like the new chapter<3

Tell me what you think and stay awesome<3

Yours Mel<3

The vampire's maidOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara