Chapter 89

So... I guess this is the end, huh?

Or at least for those who don't want to continue.

It still hurts and yet I am so damn happy...

Well, enjoy<3
-----------------------

I feel the sunbeam tickling my nose and I smile, keeping my eyes closed.

John proposed to me...

And the more or less rational person I am, I said yes.

Three months have passed and we are long married. We actually married ten days after he proposed.

I now am not only his beloved mate, the queen of the strix but also the queen of the undead just like my beloved mate and now husband is not only the king of the undead but also the king of the strix.

Altogether we have the most powerful empire anyone could think of. With undead and witches together, no one would even think of attacking us.

But of course that's not the reason for me to be happy.

I am married.

The the very man I love. And he loves me too, what is there more to wish for?

I even started to get along with Victoria again. She is the closest person to me, right after John of course. She even is part of the strix court and is my second in command.

After all we just had to let it all out. One day we just kept shouting at each other until our voices were gone.

I chuckle at the memory.

We even slapped and beat each other. But at the end of the day we lied crying in each other's arms, begging for forgiveness.

I guess she will always stay my only friend.

But I don't mind that. I really like her and she apologized too. After that I did the same. I guess we just...

I turn around and reach for John, but there is nothing.

I open my eyes and groan. "Right." I mutter.

He isn't here anymore. He left a month ago. For political reasons.

There was someone he has yo talk to. I don't know what it was though. He did tell me but I simply forgot, because I wasn't interested enough.

God, what happened to my memory? This place has been so lonely ever since he left. I've been sad and depressed and yet I felt like the day after he proposed, when I woke up only minutes ago.

This day sucks already.

Another day without him. Can't he just come back? I need him with me-

"Rise and shine!" Victoria yells as she storms into the room, a bright smile plastering her face.

"I'm up, I'm up." I mutter.

She is so nice, even if I am nothing bit a grumpy, depressed something. She tries to cheer me up all the time and I really appreciate it.

"But your highness, remember-"

I glare at her but she just smirks in response. "I told you not to call me that. You're my friend plus we are alone."