Chapter 76

"Finally." I breathe out while trying to hop out of my bed. Yes, trying. But a hand drags me back.

I look at him with a confused expression.

"I will tell him." He says.

My eyes widen when realization hit me. "Are you insane? He will kill you."

He lets out a sigh. "I know. But I have to tell him. Everything. That he killed my mate Sarah long before he met his mate, that I am the reason for your death in your previous life, that I planned his death, that I kissed you and feel attacked to you. Everything."

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"I can't have you anyway." He says before letting out a laugh. "And ever since the day Sarah died I feel myself dying too. I am loosing myself, Amanda. I attacked you too. I'm going crazy and I can't take it anymore. I will take this chance to finally speak to my brother and tell him about everything before he will set me free."

Before I realize it I hug him tight and whisper into his ear. "I understand that but isn't there another way? Is there no way for me to save you?"

"I believe not." He replies. "I would stay alive for you, if you would stay with me. But you would never choose me over him."

"I'm sorry."

We let go of each other and he offers me one last smile which I of course return.

"It was nice to meet you, Amanda Black. Too bad this is our goodbye already."

"It was nice to meet you too, Lu."

He smiles at the nickname I used the past two weeks and looks down. "Goodbye." He whispers before he disappears.

"Goodbye." I reply, knowing he won't hear it anymore.

A cold tear finds its way to run down my cheek and I suddenly feel cold and empty inside.

I feel numb and can't move on my own now. I just let him go and let John kill him. I know that I will never see him alive again.

Why now? We finally got along as friends.

I will miss him.

I close my eyes and soon start to hear noises. Groaning and the sickening sound of bones breaking. I hear how the things around them break too and the fight just seems to never end. I let myself drift away and only when the sound of one last groan and the sound of flesh tearing apart appears I come back to my senses and open my eyes.

He is dead.

I find myself lying on the floor and now that I come back to my senses my whole body starts to ache.

I scrunch up my face and try to get up again. Once I manage to get on my feet again I hear a pair of footsteps coming closer to this room.

The doors open and John enters the room. Any emotion has vanished and he just stands there staring at me while I stare at the in blood covered person in front of me.

"Long time no see." I speak up and break the silence.

"Yeah."

"Why did you kill Sarah?" I find myself ask him.

He starts laughing and I frown at him. "After everything that happened, this is your first question? No how are you, no why did you kill your brother, no did you find out what I am, no nothing but why did you kill Sarah." He lets the stake drop to the floor and sighs. "Could you at least tell me who this Sarah girl was? Or at least when she lived or died?"

"She was your brothers mate, didn't he tell you?"

His eyes widen while he shakes his head. "When?" He scratches the back of his head while starting to walk up and down. "Why didn't he tell me?"

"Before he went to you he said he wants to tell you everything, I guess he didn't do that after all." I mutter while my hands form themselves into fists.

"What Sarah, tell me now."

"Sarah, the girl who lived way before Amanda and way before Martha. The girl your brother liked so much when you were laughing about him. He wanted you to meet her at that bar but you laughed. You laughed and killed her." I look up at him again and watch him fall on his knees while staring at nothing at all.

"N-no" he breathes out. "It can't be."

"Yes it can be and it did happen and it was your fault." I spit out.

"I-I was so mad at him for everything he has done b-but now it seems like I am the monster after all."

"Yes, yes you are." I reply blankly.

I wave my hand and form it into a fist again breaking a few of his bones in his arms and legs. I step closer and let the tears run. "You killed my friend." I point my index finger at his head and concentrate again.

He starts screaming and moves his hands to his head to protect it but to no avail.

My power is stronger than ever and I trained a lot with Ludwig and his books.

And now that I am mad my power is even stronger.

Nothing can stop me now.

He rolls himself over to the side and I notice the tears running down his face. "I'm so sorry, brother." He whispers to himself.

"It's to late to apologize." I say while I grab the in Lu's blood covered stake. I push him so he lies on his back and sit down on top of him.

I look him in the eyes and he stares into mine. I hear the sickening sound of flesh tearing apart again and his eyes widen. His mouth gapes and he looks down in horror.

"Go to hell John." I mutter as I get up again.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey:)

Sorry for taking my time to update but I didn't know what to write on one point and then fell asleep 😂

I hope you like the new chapter and no the book is not over yet :)

Love, hugs and kisses

Yours Mel<3