♤3

What is patience?

He said he'd be there at nine,it wasn't even eight at the moment but I couldn't stop fidgeting with my fingers, walking back and forth, waiting for the boy to show up and he finally did, exactly on time, as always.

"Kookie!" I opened the door and he crushed me in a tight hug.

"Ah, I missed you" he nuzzled his face into my hair and I couldn't be happier. My best friend was doing fine and that meant the world to me.We stayed that way for a while,holding each other in my door step, as if the other would vanish if one let go.

"Your eyes, they look darker" I commented when I pulled away. He stayed quiet for a few seconds, as if he was taken aback and then he spoke,

"pardon?".

And I was just like, "asshole".

We laughed together as I pulled him inside. My mother walked out of the kitchen and talked to him, asking how he fell sick all of a sudden, and if he was doing okay now and she even pat his shoulder, saying 'take care kid'.

I dragged him up to my room, I needed to know where he was and what he did for a week. Shutting the door behind my back I watched him as he sat on the edge of my bed and took his beanie off.

"So, you feeling okay now?" I asked, eyes scanning his form.

"Never better" he gave me a thumbs up and pulled a CD out of his bag.

"I was so worried, I'm glad you're doing fine now" I walked closer to him and sat down on the carpet in front of him.

He looked down at me, placing both his hands on my shoulder, "Thank you for staying that day".

"Of course I'd stay idiot. I wouldn't leave you alone when you're all messed up like that" I shook my head, as the image of him laying sick in bed showed itself in my mind.

"That neon dress girl was probably scared to death" I said.

"Neon dress? Oh, yeah! I don't even know her name" he chuckled, his bunny teeth showing.

"Very funny Jeon! You almost slept with her so shut the fck up"

"Let's not talk about her. It's a waste of time" he said and I could only nod in return.

We spoke for a while, he told me about his six new friends and how nice they were. Words flew out of his mouth without a brake and I felt nice that the reserved boy was opening up. He never kept anything from me and this time was no different. He spoke endlessly about how funny his 'hyungs' were and how they pampered him. He seemed happy and I was happier seeing him like this.

"Why did you fall sick all of a sudden though?" I asked, he never mentioned about his sickness much; he only praised his hyungs.

"I ate something I shouldn't have eaten" he wiggled his brows at me, chuckling and I knew he was trying to make a dirty joke.

"Pervert" I cringed, and he laughed even more, clapping like a seal and something was different about the way he laughed. He was kinda, howling?

"Since when are you howling Jeon?" he paused for a second but responded with a shrug.

"Did I howl? I don't know haha" he gave me an awkward laugh and switched the subject to something else.

"So I bought this movie for us to watch together" he grinned and that's when I noticed that he had a CD in his hands.

"Is it horror?" I asked, looking at the black and brown cover.

"No,it's about werewolves" he replied, flipping it over to read the story description on its dorsal surface.

"Let's watch it after dinner. Yeah?"

"Okay boss" he gave me a thumbs up and I stood up, dusting my ass even though there was no dirt on the pants I was wearing.

Dinner was late since we were waiting for dad, but normal, just like any other day, but mom made Jeon's favourite soup because she loved that kid. Dad inquired kookie about his illness and even told him about how I freaked out, did not sleep all night because I was worried as hell. It was embarrassing. My parents wouldn't stop telling him about how much I cared for him and how much I spoke about him and Jungkook would pretend like it was his first time hearing it from them.

"Oh really?", "She freaked out because I was sick?" , "Chae thinks I'm handsome? Woah I didn't know that" ,  was all he said throughout the conversation and I just wanted to finish eating and run up to my room.

Kookie emptied his plate first and left, telling us that he'd go upstairs and set everything ready for us to watch the movie he had brought, together. Minutes later, I followed his trail.

He had everything set and that brought a smile on my face. He had the movie on pause, all fluffy pillows piled up against the head board, thick comforters and dim lights. He was splayed out on bed with his arm draped across it, as if inviting me to come cuddle with him but I wasn't sure if that's what his actions implied so I sat on the other end of my bed.

The movie started playing and I was almost getting into it until Kook abruptly started clearing his throat. Every few seconds he went 'ahem ahem' for no reason. He did it until I turned to look at him with a frustrated expression but he only gave me an innocent look, which was again as if he was asking me to come into his embrace. But obviously, I couldn't do it. I just wasn't sure.

We never cuddled before, in fact if we happened to sleep in one room which was only very rare, he made sure there's a pillow between us. To be honest, we didn't like to be touched.
Now that he was acting all cute and shit I didn't know what to infer.

I went back to the movie and two minutes don't pass before he starts aiming shit at me. Tissue balls, pen caps and everything that was on the table beside my bed.

"What the hell Jungkook?"

He just opened his arms for me, which felt as if he meant, ' Pls CoMe CUDDLe. Thnx' but I just wanted him to open his damn mouth and tell me what he exactly wanted.

I shook my head and went back to staring at the screen; seconds later, I felt his arm pulling me backwards until my back was flush against his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and had his head buried in the crook of my neck.

"It's better this way" he mumbled and I let out an audible gasp.

A part of me was shocked because when did Jeon Jungkook get all cuddly and cute? Since when is he into howling and shit? The day was full of surprises and I happened to love this one.

My fingers were in his hair as he held me tight. I didn't want to protest, it felt like I was cuddling a pup instead of a man. It was a great movie night but one thought kept poking the back of my head- Jungkook had changed. Things about him were the same but different at the same time. I couldn't pinpoint but there was something new, something unusual.

But for the night, all that mattered was he was cute and healthy and cuddly and I just wanted to enjoy his company.