♤50

I had to tell Taehyung the truth. Even though my mind disagreed, my heart wanted otherwise. I let the story rewind to the day Jungkook was dead on the hospital bed, with Eun hee on his one side and me on the other. The fear, anxiety and panic was clear in both our eyes as I desperately gave him CPR,pressing on his chest and move onto his mouth to deliver breaths, but nothing  was working.

It was then that Eun hee offered to do something. "Chae.." She called and I looked up at her in an instant, my heart begging for help but my eyes bloodshot, wet and angry.

"There's one last thing I can try" She mumbled before placing her hands on Jungkook's feet.

"What are you doing?" I questioned quickly.

"I-I will transfer some of my energy into his body. Just continue with the resuscitation. This might actually work- but " She paused and I quickly blurted out, "but what?".

"Stop me if I start trembling because I will not have enough energy to get myself off of him later, it's like sticking a magnet to a metal" She explained and I nodded, even though I wasn't sure of her. She had promised a lot of things but all I recieved was a dead Jungkook. Now this woman wanted to try something new and I was pushed at my critical point not to leave any card unturned.

"Okay.." She sighed before taking in a deep breath and placing her hands on Jungkook's feet, oddly locking her fingers in between Kook's toes and leaning forward before she began chanting something under her breath.

I turned to Kook and went in to continue with the chest compressions, hoping this would work. I was tired of crying and the tears in my  eyes just wouldn't stop at all. Sniffing every two seconds and swallowing the hard lump in my throat, I did as much as I could and as well as I could deliver until I heard a weak voice call out, "Ch-" and I turned towards Eun hee.

She looked weak and the area under her eyes and lips were becoming cyanosed. Her fingers were all a shade of blue  and grey, she was getting too weak and it was time to pull her away from kook. Just when I was about to reach for her, Jungkook's heart monitor let out a small beep and that's  when I paused in my tracks.

The beeping got slightly louder and frequent within a few seconds but it wasn't as fast as it was when he was well and alive. With the hint of a smile on my face I rushed towards the girl, pulling her away from Kook, and she almost fell backwards onto me, weak and spent.

I looked down at her form and back up at Jungkook when the heart monitor went down again and a still, flat graph appeared below. Unable to take it in, I pushed Eun hee forwards until her hands were back against Jungkook's feet. This time, I placed my hands on top of hers and I could feel my energy drain away as Jungkook's skin turned warmer and the machine beeped faster and faster.
I tried pulling away one of my hands and it came off easily and I used it to hold Eun Hee upright  as she let all her energy drain away. "Chae.." her voice was barely a whisper and I pretended like I didn't hear it.

Pressing her hand harder against Jungkook's feet, I watched her as she turned darker and thinner, until she started disappearing  into nothing at all. There came a point where I couldn't even feel her hand between my hand and Kook's feet. She was no longer there to transfer anything to him.  She was dead and that's when my heart sunk deep into my chest.

I breathed out, fearing the consequences even more. 'It was her choice. She chose to do it' I reasoned to myself as more tears streamed down my eyes. Jungkook had started gasping for breaths and I couldn't even move towards him to help him recover and take those last few steps into life.

I felt guilty and cruel at the same time. I looked around at nothing and felt a sense of insecurity. What have I done? I held onto myself.  But when Kook cracked his eyes open, all the regrets that were making space in my being, vanished.