♤30

"Mina.." Jimin called out, as if he was testing it out. Testing the way her name rolled off his tongue, oh so smoothly as if he had been spelling it all his life.

My heart melted at the way Mina looked away, her eyes focusing on something out of the window, in the streets, silent tears welling up in her eyes.

Being her closest cousin, I knew how long she had waited for the right one. I knew how many guys she had turned down because it just never felt right. This was it. Jimin was the one.

I was happy for Mina, but happier for Jimin. He was a nice guy, a sweet one and someone who I knew would fall in love and would fall hard. But, this girl who sat before me was no different. She was more or less made for him. She was extra hardworking and though not as sweet and soft spoken as chim, she was much more sensitive to things than any of us ever could be.

My hand reached out for hers. Pushing the fact that the girl I had known all my life has now revealed her true identity, I held onto her cold fingers, brushing my thumb against the back of her hand, a gesture only meant to bring comfort and assurance.

Her eyes drifted over to mine, both her hands clasping around as if I'd disappear if she didn't tighten her grip.

"I'm- " She started, only to be interrupted by a sob that she managed to swallow.

"I know " I smiled.

"No-" She protested, only to be silenced once again.

"I know what you are. I also know that he's the one for you" I grinned, scrunching my nose up like Kook, trying to lighten up the mood a bit.

"I was going to tell you anyway" She mumbled, bringing her hand to wipe a tear that threatened to roll down her cheek.

Withdrawing my hand from her's, I stood up, pushing my fingers into the warm pockets of my jacket, I looked over at Jimin.

"Congratulations! "

It was only then that his eyes left Mina to spare me a glance. They softened at that, a small smile forming on his lips which soon split into a big ass grin making  me chuckle.

"I don't know what to do. I want to run away" he whispered, words only meant to be heard by me.

"Don't you dare!" Mina spoke, her voice now firm and demanding. She narrowed her eyes at him as if she had known him all her life.

The boy only chuckled before shaking his head.

"You guys " I started and their attention was now on me, "spend some time with each other".

"What about -" Jimin questioned.

"Tae. I'll take care of him " I laughed, bringing  out a hand to wave at them as I walked towards the exit.

My heart grew heavier with every step I took. Their tattoos glowed the moment their eyes landed on each other. Jungkook was right. Him not marking me had absolutely nothing to do with this.

With my eyes fixed on the ground I walked until I reached the parking lot only to find Taehyung walking back in my direction.

"Chae-yah!" he exclaimed, raising his hand up and a wide grin splitting across his face, warming my heart in a way.

"Hey Tae!" I greeted back as I watched him jog upto me.

" I came with Jiminie. He went in to place the order. Join us!"

It wasn't even a question.

I nodded, "I know, but Jimin's busy right now. He met someone...important.." I trailed off, not wanting to ruin it.

Taehyung  was always the first person chim shared everything with. And this, was the special moment and Jimin was probably dying to tell Tae. I wouldn't spill the beans.

"We could go get something to eat at the other store down the street?" I tilted my head a little to the side, deviating the topic well and Taehyung obliged easily.

We had to stroll down for a good few minutes until we reached the store and neither of us would let the awkward silence occupy the space between us.

"I have a few questions to ask" I sighed as we walked together.

"Go ahead" the tall boy shrugged.

"Your tattoo glows when you meet your mate, right?" I turned to him.

I expected him to be slightly taken aback by the question I had popped out of nowhere but he didn't seem affected.

"Yeah! I've seen Jin hyung's tattoo glow " he laughed, "thought it'd be pink, turned out to be plain white!" he added.

I joined in before tossing question number two. "Does it glow when you imprint on a human? I mean, what if your mate isn't a wolf? Would it still glow?"

" Yeah of course! " He looked ahead while I had my eyes fixed on him, "Yojin noona is a human" he answered, referring to Jin's mate.

"I thought she was a wolf!" I almost snapped.

"No" he said lazily, "he was with me when he met her. Grocery shopping."

I listened carefully as the boy continued.

"She was on the other side of the billing counter" he shoved his hands into his pockets, the keys in there clinging at the contact, "I was supposed to pay the bill but I had forgotten my wallet at home. Jin hyung came up to pay, and she handed him the bill and woah" he brought his hands out, his fingers spreading in the air in front of my face as he spoke, "white glow!".

If it wasn't for the shock I was currently in, I would have laughed and pinched his cheeks for being so adorable but now-

"Tae.." My voice was too low, heavy and borderline inaudible.

"Hmm?"

As my foot landed on a dry leaf, the sound of it crumpling under my shoe filled the air. "Kookie's tattoo-" I paused to swallow the lump in my throat.

Taehyung stopped walking, coming to a complete halt, as if realization hit him hard.

His eyes turned to mine as I looked up at him, tears waiting to be spilt.

"His tattoo- " I started again, in hopes of being able to let it out.

"Fuck!" He cursed.

I released a breath I didn't know I was holding. My fingers curling up in my pockets, searching for warmth as cold wind brushed against my face.

"..it never glowed. " I finished.

Taehyung cursed, his hands coming up to twist in his hair for a second before backing down.

"How did we not notice? Shit!" he fidgeted around for a while before stopping, his eyes stared into mine as he questioned, "he isn't lying, is he?"

Jungkook wouldn't lie. He loved me for real. I was his mate, right?

--

AN-

I'll be gone for a month now and will only be updating around 15th of August (?).

Some of you tell me that you re-read chapters to make sure you don't forget the story but hey, you don't have to do that cuz I'll be posting a chapter as soon as I return from this mini hiatus thingie, which will more or less be a recap of everything that has happened so far. And I'll be doing that with all my books so don't you worry chilD! Lastly, I love you all. Miss me!!