♤19

The boys were patient. They lead me through everything, not missing a single detail. I was expecting Jin to do all the explaining but most of it was done by Yoongi.

I couldn't help the goosebumps rising on my skin as he described how he felt when he imprinted and the other members shared their experiences too. But there was a feeling of guilt, something holding me back from accepting the fact that my best friend Jungkook had imprinted, no, was in love with me.

The soul reason why we became friends was the fact that he had no intention to get into a relationship with me. That's what let me be as free and comfortable as I was with him. But this, this little talk justified his behavior recently. The way he got angry whenever another male approached me, the way he'd swing his arm over my shoulder more often than he used to before, the way he'd hold me close as we walked down the hallway, the way he'd watch me leave his place whenever I did so.

"He will mark you soon" Namjoon added, out of nowhere.

"What? " I snapped out.

" He still hasn't claimed you as 'his'. We wolves do that to our partners. "

" How does that exactly work? " I asked, even though I knew things, I had to ask. I'd read enough books, watched enough movies to know how it works. I knew one would have to be bitten to be marked but I was hoping to hear a different answer.

" He'll bite into you, and the scar is permanent " Jin answered, casually handing me a warm mug of tea which I very much needed at the moment.

" I, really don't know what to do" I said.

The boys looked away, sighing under their breath and I felt like I had disappointed all of them. Jungkook was dear to me, yes,  but they loved him too. He meant a lot to the boys, not just because he was a pack member, but also because he was a brother to them. It felt horrible not being able to do what I was meant to do. How could this happen? It wouldn't work, I knew it deep inside.

"He really loves you. Wolves don't imprint on random people, it only occurs when you find your soulmate" Yoongi tried again and I could only nod.

"Drink some " Jin gestured towards the cup of liquid in my hands, reminding me to take a sip,and I did.

" what do I do? " I looked at Namjoon. Of all the people, I wanted him to help me.

" Go see him after he's done with his heat, talk it out maybe? " he paused.

" hmm~ "

"..please don't tell him that you don't like him"  he finished.

"What? No! I love him, how can I - I just, it's not " I blinked to prevent the tears from accumulating in my eyes.

" We get it" Hoseok interrupted, "you're as important to us as Jungkook is"  he smiled and I smiled back, but it didn't reach my eyes.

"This might have a perfect ending or go really really wrong but hey, you can always count on us, we'll be there to protect you " Jin scooted forward on his seat, 

" always.  " Namjoon finished the line for him.

I could feel my heart rate slow down a little as the feeling of being safe took over. "Thank you"  a tear rolled down my cheek and I quickly brought my sleeve up to rub it off, "means a lot to me".

~~~

It was only in the evening that I left the pack house. The boys wouldn't let me leave until I felt better. I kept lying about feeling fine but they held me back saying they could sense my hormones and shit?

It was only when Jimin and Taehyung returned that the latter suggested he'd drop me home.

"Don't meet Kook, until his heat is over " he warned one last time before I got off of his motorcycle, heading into the building I called 'home' .

The smell of spice and a blanket of warm air greeted me home and I quickly took off my jacket to go give my mom a hug.

"Woah, what's with a sudden hug? " she questioned, hugging me back.

I wrapped my arms around her tighter, "I needed some warmth".

"Warmth or Food? " she laughed, making me chuckle for the first time today.

" Both"

~~~

Dinner was great, and I made sure I ate a little extra so that I'd fall right  asleep without rolling around on my bed.

I was wrong though, I'd been in bed for an hour and I still wasn't any close to being sleepy. The thoughts I tried keeping at bay flooded my mind and i barely had any control over them.

Should I call Jungkook? Meeting him was a bad idea but calling wouldn't be that bad, would it?

I swallowed hard once before reaching out for my phone. Looking for his contact didn't even take a minute, and I already had the device against my ear, waiting impatiently.

A few seconds, and I heard the first ring but before the second one came, I heard something ring out loud. This one wasn't coming from my phone, it was Jungkook's ring tone blasting in my room.

I shot up in bed and my eyes went wide at the sight of the boy sitting on my chair, barely seen.  He was quick to silence his phone, but one ring was enough to have me panic for my life.

"How the fuck did you get here Jungkook!? " I yelled.

" Shushh! " he was on my bed, his hand clamped around my mouth and I had absolutely no time to react. He was sweaty, some of his hair sticking to his forehead, t-shirt tight against his chest, lightest shade of golden brown surrounding  his pupils which were completely dilated and he smelt like the cologne I had bought for him on his birthday.

"Please just, stay quiet" he pleaded, "your parents are asleep".

He was right, I didn't want to wake them up to this, but I wasn't going to let him do shit to me either.

The moment he took off his hands, I spoke,  "Yes they're sleeping but I don't mind waking them up. I'm not safe with you here". I knew it sounded harsh but i couldn't stop myself.

"You're right " he looked away before he reached out to place his hand on mine. Every molecule in my body wanted me to withdraw my hands away from his but i couldn't do so.

A part of me was surprised how I didn't sense a presence in my room but the other part of me also wondered how he even managed to get out of his apartment because Taehyung had assured me that they had him tied up and he was on sleeping pills but -

Jungkook stared into my eyes, his body tense and vulnerable. " But-" he swallowed, "I won't hurt you Chae" a tear rolled down his eyes, "I promise".

~~~

Its so bloody annoying when my phone keeps changing Chae to Chad and Namjoon to Nam John!