♤29

"I-" Jungkook started only to pause and stare blankly at my parents.

Placing my hand on his shoulder, I turned to them, "Can I talk to him for a second?"

"You have all the time in the world 'cause I'm going to sleep" dad stood up from his chair, "we'll discuss whatever is left tomorrow" he said firmly, motioning mom to follow him and she did immediately.

"Your cousins will be here tomorrow. Don't pull anything ridiculous " mother warned before she left.

I got out of my seat to walk back up to my room only to have the pain shoot up my legs. Jungkook said nothing as he scooped me up in his arms, carrying  me all the way back upstairs.

I would have smiled or hugged his neck at the least but right now, I wasn't in a position to do any of it.

The moment he dropped me on my bed, I grabbed my phone to call Sun Hi. She had a mate. She had been through this phase and was my only reliable source of information at the moment.

"Chae, I really do love you okay?I-Idon't know why this t-thing isn't glowing I- " Jungkook stammered.

"I know. Shush" I shushed him, waiting for her to pick the call.

Jungkook watched as I strummed my fingers against my knee, pressed the phone harder against my ear as I sat on the edge of my bed.

It was only after calling her repeatedly, five times in a row, that I decided to call Yoongi or Jin. I needed to know things! Why in hell wasn't his tattoo glowing?

As if on purpose, none of them answered. Cursing under my breath, I tossed the device aside before shifting all my attention to Jeon.

The boy who was still standing at my door came over to me.

"I don't know why it isn't glowing. I remember Hobi hyung telling me that it's supposed to glow the moment we get close to one another, I really don't know Chae "

"Kookie-"

"Please just give me some time and I'll clear things up " his eyes were slowing filling up with tears and I quickly stood up to switch places with him.

He plopped down on my bed. It was only when I looked down that I realized how much his hands were shaking. I took his hands in mine and he was so so close to breaking down.

"Yah! I'm used to you being a cocky little shit. Don't go all soft on me like this " I scolded only to have him chuckle painfully.

"I know you love me okay?" I cupped his face, "Fuck the tattoo" I yanked him forward.

The moment my hands locked around his neck, his arms slithered around my waist and cheek pressed against  my tum.

"We'll fix this " I mumbled, pressing a kiss against his crown, chuckling when his hair tickled my nose.

"Its supposed to glow.." He complained.

"It isn't glowing because you haven't marked me yet" I shrugged.

" Marking has absolutely nothing to do with this!" He snapped, pulling away.

"Shut up and let me hug you"

--

The next morning~

"I missed you so.." Mina yelled, "fuckin" She whispered, before yelling "much" again.

"I missed you too" I squeezed her tighter.

"You've lost a lot of weight. Where's my chubby Lil bun?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I've been gymming a lot lately" She smirked, "look at my arms" she spoke, pulling her sleeve up to expose the now defined muscles on her forearm.

I grinned at how she now maintained a perfect balance between being fit and being feminine.

For all of you wondering who Mina is..she's my cousin. She's an year elder to me and has always been a great sister, the only person on my mom's side that I actually liked.

She was here, coming all the way from Busan, with her parents  and a few others.I didn't even know who they were but smiled and greeted them into our house anyway.

"Your room smells like-" Mina paused the moment she stepped into my room, "like cookies".

I grinned at that. Kookie!

Shaking my head, "What should we do about it?" I raised my brows at her.

"We should go out and grab some coffee" she looked over her shoulder, scoffing at the number of people filling  up our house, "I hate humans".

I laughed at that, "I'm one too y'know"

"well, you're an only exception" she winked.

--
At the barista~

Sipping  at the hot mug of coffee, I looked up at Mina. "How's life been to you?"

"Life's shit but I'm somehow trying to make it through" She laughed.

"What happened?"

"Things changed and-" She shrugged, her eyes finding  mine and flowing over to something else behind me, "wooaahhh!". The girl quickly set her mug down, almost squealing , "Who is that hottie??" She tugged at my arm, pointing at someone behind me.

I looked over my shoulder,eyes narrowing a bit. But the moment they landed on the 'hottie' she was talking  about, I grinned wide.

"Jimin!" I called out, raising my hand up to catch his attention.

He searched for a second before smiling widely, his eyes forming crescents, cheeks raising up below.

As he walked over to us, his orange hair bounced a little, making him look more like a cutie than a hottie. The top few buttons of his shirt were unbuttoned, giving  us a taste of what lied underneath. If I wasn't taken, I would have hit on Jimin anyday.

Don't tell Jungkook I said that.

"Are you here to meet someone?" I broke the ice.

"I came with Taehyung" he answered, pointing at the door, "He's parking his bike".

"Oww.." I mused, "this is my cousin Mina..and Mina, this is Jimin, the hottie"

I turned to look at her and that's when I realized that she had been glaring at me all along. She sighed at Jimin's giggle, before casually shifting her gaze to him.

After that, everything happened in a matter of seconds.

Their eyes locked on each others', the warm scent of coffee beans filled the air and the black circle inked on Jimin's neck gave off a blue glow.

He covered it quickly using the palm of his hand, his eyes shifting from her to me. I looked at Mina who quickly yanked at the collar of her sweater to reveal an identical circle on her clavicle, which emitted the same radiant glow. 

--

AN

/JUNGKOOK'S EYEBROW RAISE/