♤46

I staggered back until I completely distanced myself from everyone in the room. The curly haired girl, whose name was unknown clung onto the defibrillator. She looked up at me one last time before closing her eyes shut. She took in a deep breath and began muttering something under her breath. Her voice was deep and husky and was the only thing that bounced of the walls of the room, making my legs tremble and eyes water even more.

When she opened her eyes, her black irises had turned into a shade of light grey and the nails on her fingers grew out long and sharp.

"Chae Joo Eun.." She called and I gasped at the slightest. "mark him" were her next words. I rushed towards Jungkook and leaned down to press my lips against his neck, without wasting a moment, I let my sharp edged teeth sink into his thick, hard and cold flesh. Sucking a little, I waited until I was sure the mark would remain before pulling away.

The moment we parted, one of the nurses pushed all the buttons on the machine to max and the metal slabs were placed flat on Kook's chest for one last time.

"Clear!"

A rise. A fall. No life, yet.

I backed away once again, and the girl tossed the metal slabs of the defibrillator away before pressing her palms flat in Kook's chest and chanted something that resembled a mantra.

The nurses watched in silence as I had my eyes trained on the girl who tried to bring him back. Jungkook was turning cold and pale. She only leaned in and pressed harder onto him, chanting her spells and words louder and harsher, frantically in a panicked voice.

"I can't " She cried before pulling away, completely backing out from the bed. "I'm sorry, this was supposed to bring him back. I don't know why my spells aren't working" She teared up and the defeat was clear in her tone.

Shivers ran down my spine and my body which was trembling a moment ago, had now come to a complete halt.

One of the nurses approache Jungkook to pull the ventilator away from his mouth and nose. It all happened as a reflex when I yelled, "Don't touch him!"

"I'm so-" She tried to speak but I beat her to it.

"Shut up!"

Taking quick steps towards the boy, I yanked the pillow off which supported Jungkook's head and tossed it behind me. I placed both my hands one on top of the other on his chest, right above the heart and pressed down.

I couldn't just let him go like that. My heart was flooded with a sea of emotions and all my brain could do was think of ways to bring him back. I needed him. I couldn't let Jungkook pass out on me. Not now. Not ever.

"1...2..3..4" I counted, pressing hard and fast, using my body weight on him, "..29..30!" I tugged the ventilator off and opened his mouth, only to place mine on it blowing in as much air as I could.

I took another deep breath through my nose and exhaled into him through my mouth which was enclosed around his.

Placing my hands back on his chest, I pressed harder this time, "1..2..3", my canines grew out and dug into my bottom lip, drawing out blood and I could feel my body using the strength of the wolf in me and pressing hard on his chest, compressing his lungs and forcing the boy to breathe, "28..29..30! Breathe!" I yelled before closing his mouth with mine to deliver air.

"Get that thing on him!" I shouted, my voice loud and shaky.

The curly haired girl quickly picked up the defibrillator and placed it on Kook's chest, "3..2..1, clear!" She said and I took my hands off only for that moment.

His body shuddered at the electricity but the heart rate monitor still showed a flat line graph.

"No!" I yelled again, my voice louder and louder each time. I gritted my teeth together before placing my hands on his chest and pressing again, "8..9..", tears streamed down my cheeks and onto his chest.

"Chae.." The girl reached out for my hands and tried to hold my wrist, "stop.." She mumbled quietly.

"I can't " I cried, "I-I won't" I pulled away only to reach in and breathe into his mouth before returning back to his chest.

"Chae.." She called again and this time, my whole body racked in pain making me sob. I leaned forward, pressing my forehead against Jungkook's chest, crying and crying.

If this wasn't pain, I didn't know what else was. "Please.." I begged, and I could feel the girl pat my head and brush my hair. I only swatted her hands away before breaking down completely on him.

"I don't wanna lose you -" my voice broke, "Kookie.." I called out only to recieve no response. His skin was cold against my forehead and I couldn't take it. He wouldn't die now. Not here. Not like this.

I stood straight back up again and wiped all my tears away. Placing my hands in the middle of his chest, I pressed roughly, "1..2..3" I counted, "I'm not giving up on you".

The nurses and the dark girl watched in silence, their eyes watering at the scene. I didn't need their sympathy. I could bring him back, right? Jungkook wouldn't die.

He was my best friend. My mate. He was the boy with the adorable bunny smile and he was the big baby that I always had to baby sit. He wouldn't die like this. Why would he leave me alone and go? He'd never do that, would he?

"18..19..20" I pressed harder, my eyes stopped watering, my lips bleeding and trembling as my canines dug into them.

I pressed my mouth back against his and breathed out, this time, another sob escaped my lips when I felt his cold, chapped lips, still and immobile against my own.

Pulling away, I stared at his open eyes, looking at nothing at all and his mouth which was slightly agape. His skin was a shade of blue and his lips and ears were almost purple. I held in another cry that threatened to slip out and in anger, fear and pain, I raised my hand and landed a slap, hard and strong against his cheek.

"Wake the fuck up, Jungkook!"

Taking a deep breath, i leaned in and breathed into his mouth again. Pressing on his chest   few more times, I slapped the boy again, this time with more force, "You can't just leave me like this!"

"I need you! Kookie!" I hit him again and leaned in to deliver another breath. I repeated it over and over again and his cheeks were wet with my tears.

"You do all kinds of dumb shit. Why don't you stop playing this sick trick and talk to me now! I've had enough, Jungkook!" I slapped him again, and his head whipped to the side due to the force.

One of the nurses tried to approach me but I noticed the curly haired girl hold her back.

"Come back you asshole!" I slapped him again, before placing both my hands on his chest and counting, "1...2...3". My throat was dry and my hands and legs were trembling. My heart was beating at its fastest pace and respiration out of rhythm. My palms were sweaty and eyes were red and teary. I was going insane and I wouldn't stop till he breathed.

"29..30" I shifted to breathe into his mouth again, hoping and praying that he'd come back to life, only to be met with a pair of cold lips, dry and lifeless.

--