♤37

We remained silent for a long time. Granny was giving me time to think and I very much needed it at the moment.

What would I do? I clearly didn't want to fall in love with anyone else, hell! I couldn't, even if I wanted to. But, me dying the moment I mark Chae was a bit too much to digest. The curse, the fact that I had no idea that one of her parents was a wolf and all the closed doors staring me right in the face had me curl up around myself, wrapping my own arms around my shoulder for some warmth.

"Ma!" I heard mum, call her mother.

"Yes" the elder woman answered.

"Jungkook and Chae can be together if he doesn't mark her, right?"

My head snapped up..hope blooming inside.

"Yeah " Granny smiled, "but no wolf has ever led a life without marking the other" She shrugged.

"Oh cumon" I started, "She has the mark..the Crescent moon! It keeps me from marking her! If I ever go crazy and try to bite her, the tattoo on her back would repel me off " I stated clearly.

"Hmm" Granny looked down at her feet and I waited for her to say something.

"Talk to Chae's parents and find out about her mother. I just want to be sure that it is what I think it is...a curse" She finished, finally grabbing a piece of cake for herself.

Nodding, I leaned back into the cushion, relief flooding through me.

--

[ CHAE JOO EUN'S POV]

I'd basically done nothing all day. Does sleeping for 6 hours in the afternoon count as productive work?

I scrolled past memes and DIY room decor ideas on my laptop, popping tiny salt cookies into my mouth every few seconds. My back was flush against the fluffy pillows with which I'd built a fort behind me. Covered in a comforter and a blanket on top of it, I narrowed my eyes as I heard the phone buzz against the side table.

Groaning, I threw myself to the side, careful not to drop the laptop, until I could reach my phone. Yanking the device and almost ripping the socket from the wall, I squinted at the brightly lit screen.

The words on the new text message had me sit up straight with a large grin on my face.

Jungkook: baby, you up?

I typed out a quick reply, my fingers shivering in nervousness.

'yes'

I waited patiently until it vibrated again.

Jungkook: keep your windows open.

Almost squealing, my fingers worked quickly to type out a response as I rushed towards the window and pulled it open fully letting the cold air slip into my warn room.

Standing a few meters away from the now wide open window, I fought the urge to go up to it and look out.

'Are you comi-' and I felt two arms wrap around me, interrupting my typing as my phone slipped out of my hands and landed on the carpet with a shallow thud.

Warm body, the perfume that wasn't really my favorite, soft skin, tall form, firm grip, oozing affection and a familiar, gentle and needy voice whispering "I missed you".

I instantly reacted by holding him tight. Putting my leg around his waist almost as if I was trying to climb him like a tree.

"Me too! Oh my God!" Was I excited? Happy that he was back? Or did I just miss him too much? I didn't know.