♤6

It was nothing like I had imagined. There was no slow stretch of limbs, growth of fangs and fur. It all happened so quickly, that in the blink of an eye, in one sharp gasp, in one heart beat, the boy I knew for years had transformed into an wolf.

From the shadows he came, his body hunkered low to the ground. I watched, my own limbs frozen in place. Despite his proximity there was no sound. I didn't know whether I should be referring to the creature before me as 'him' or 'it' anymore.

The wolf observed in a way a dog never could. It had the eyes of an adult, a creature who came as a superior, but never my "best friend." In the moon light that fell so casually on the clearing, his fur was mostly grey. Around his black nose was a splash of white, and on top a stripe of greyish silver. He was bigger than any dog I had ever seen and any wolf I had ever imagined.

The wolf approached me, his movements fluid and without apparent effort; he was standing a few metres in front of me and from how quickly he moved, I could judge that his limbs were the finest machines ever made. I stood frozen still, observing the animal, as if it weren't real, as if it was an adventurous dream.

Now that he was completely exposed to the moonlight, his fur was as white as snow, except for those strands of silver around his perched ears and on the face. His fur was short over his body and longer at the neck, smooth and shiny. His stance was confident and body muscular, bulky and big.

He lowered himself, bringing his shoulder blades down, the grass brushing against his tummy as if asking me to approach him, touch him which I couldn't bring myself to do. Not yet. Not ever.

Fear etched on every inch of my skin and crawled it's way up my body and I couldn't even move, it was a shock and my body couldn't take it. I slumped down to the ground, fisting the grass, drawing my knees closer to my chest, the only words leaving my lips were, "Jungkook.." it was a faint whisper but I knew he heard it, because the next second, the wolf distanced itself from me, heading back to the shadows, disappearing from my sight.

I stared into the dark, my eyes focused in the direction it headed and within seconds, Jungkook was back in my field of vision. He was shirtless and the only thing he was wearing were his cargo shorts.

"Chae" he called out, taking quick strides towards me and I scrambled backwards, away from him.

"Don't touch me" I uttered, fear still intact, my heart was still in my throat.

"It's me" he paused, taking my hand in his and resting my palm against his abdomen, " see, it's me. Please calm down Chae your heart is beating too fast" he said, trying his best to pull me closer but I resisted, still not able to register the fact that my best friend is a fucking wolf.

"You're sweating too much" he placed a hand against the side of my cheek. He stood up and pulled me up onto my feet as well.

"Take me home" I mumbled, eyes on the ground.

"I will" he assured, "Look at me" he cupped my face in his hands tilting my head upwards, making me look at him, "please don't be afraid of me".

"You shitty dog" I scolded, my voice still quieter than usual. He chuckled, before pulling me into a hug, his bare chest against my cheek. It was unusual because I never hugged him when he was half naked but I couldn't bring myself to care about it at this point. I held onto him tight,my heart still beating faster than ever, my back drenched in sweat.

"You scared the fuck out of me" I uttered against his chest to which he only laughed.

"I warned you, idiot" he tightened his grip around me, "I thought you'd scream and shit. Thank god you didn't".