♤36

(Jungkook's pov)

We settled for some tea and cupcakes because granny thinks coffee is unhealthy. Sipping on the hot liquid, I looked up at mom and granny who sat across me, on the other side of the table. The leather couch got warmer as I placed my hands on either side of my thighs, to scoot backwards and lean into the cushions.

"What did it feel like?" Gran asked, grinning wide.

"What did, what feel like?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Turning into a dog" She laughed.

"Wolf..I'm a wolf" I corrected.

"Yeah that.." She rolled her eyes.

I'd almost forgotten that she could literally see everything with those 'visions' that she has..something that wasn't passed on. She had learnt it from one of her mysterious neighbors when she was young.

"It's painful. I'm still not accustomed to all the bone breaking and muscles stretching." I answered.

"I don't have much advice to give on that.." She smiled, "You're the first wolf boy in our family ".

I nodded, smirking to myself proudly. Indeed I was the first one. If there were any others, I could tell, just by smelling things out.

"We are here to talk about Kookie's mate" Mom cut in, getting to the point.

"Ah yes.." Granny smiled, "the pretty little girl!".

That made me smile shyly.

"This is all I have" I passed the notebook from my pocket to gran.

She reached out for her spectacles that were placed on the side table. Putting them on, she flipped through a few pages. Looking through some of Chae's pictures I'd taken the time to print out and stick it in the book and a few irrelevant points below written by me, along with the relevant and significant ones.. she nodded to herself.

"There's this book.."She looked up at me and I shifted to the edge of my seat, ready to stand up, "It is in my room. Grey cover with a seal..ugh you won't find it " She groaned, standing up herself before walking towards her room.

I checked my watch every few seconds, almost wanting to follow the old woman and look for her book with her, but I restrained myself. She expected a lot of privacy in certain matters and her books were one of those.

"Here you are! " I heard the familiar old voice call out from her room, followed by footsteps towards the living room where mother and I were seated.

Instead of moving back to the couch where she had sat with mum, she approached me. Plopping down beside my tensed figure, she hunched down to turn pages and squint a little in an attempt to absorb the text printed in black ink on a brownish parchment page.

"This.." She pointed to a picture, it was tattoo similar to mine. Hell, it was the same one.

"That's the one I have " I said quickly, shrugging my jacket off to tug at the collar of my shirt to reveal the tattoo on my neck.

"Yes yes, good" She nodded knowingly and I relaxed slowly, watching her turn to the book again to flip through a few more pages.

"This?" She pointed at another image, a darker one. It was a star, drawn on the floor with something that looked like charcoal.

A small baby was placed at the center of the pentacle, unrecognizable symbols drawn around in blood? I assumed. It looked like some ritual. Dark magic perhaps? I wasn't sure.

"I don't know.." I mumbled, making the old woman nod again.

I glanced at mother, who only sat calmly on the other couch, watching  us patiently. She gave me a nod of assurance, as if it'd be alright.