♤31

I promised a recap I know but fuck I'm so lazy!!
(Chae's parents find out about her and kook. They point out the fact that his tattoo isn't glowing while Jungkook claims her to be his mate. They give the couple some time to sort their shit out.
Next day, Chae's cousins come over and one of them, Mina - turns out to be Jimin's mate. Chae talks about her tattoo not glowing to Taehyung who seems equally confused and taken aback).

--

It was routine. I'd been ignoring Kook for the past few days, for no solid reason.

Spending my time with Mina, I helped her family move into their new home a few kilometers from ours. She couldn't be any happier. She had found her mate and the distance between them had been obliterated as they'd now be living in the same city. She could see him anytime she wanted and it was all good going.

Kook on the other hand, had tried to contact me to the best of his abilities. He even came over to our place only to get glared at by mum, who thought he lied about the whole 'you're my mate' thing.

I wouldn't blame her though. I was her only daughter and its natural motherly instinct that she'd want to protect me from something that'd bring me trouble and grief.

I pretended to be okay with everything that was happening, but on the inside I missed him. I knew he wouldn't lie about anything, he just wasnt the type of a person to keep secrets and dish out lies in its place. He wouldn't do it. I knew it and I repeated it over and over to myself, as if trying to write it into my brain with inerasable ink.

As much as I didn't want to sit face to face with Jungkook, I was now...at his apartment, just him and I. And oh, who was to blame? Kim Taehyung, of course!

"How about you come over to Kookie's place? We're all here and I promise I'll help you guys sort things out. It probably is not a big issue.." Was what he had mumbled on the phone, which had me walk all the way to Jungkook's place, only to find out that, one..Taehyung lied and the boy here had no idea I was coming. Two, nobody else were home except him. And three, the poor thing was taking a shower and his hair stuck out in all the directions, lips a dark shade of pink and a light blush coating his face because of all the hot water that he'd just poured onto himself.

"Umm..I heard Jimin's mate is your cousin?" he asked awkwardly, shifting in his seat.

I smiled at how he tossed the honorifics aside and straight out called his hyung by his name.

"Yeah" I nodded, "I was there when it happened".

"Hmm "

And there it was, the silence, thick and awkward all over again. He tapped his feet against the carpet to a rhythm of his own, eyes fixed on the ground refusing  to look up.

"I'm here to talk about us" I sighed.

His head shot up. He sat up straight before nodding quickly and crossing his arms.

As I was seated on a couch right opposite to his, I had a clear view of his whole form and an added advantage was that he couldn't just bring me into a warm hug and get me to melt into him and forget the things that I had to say, things I'd rehearsed on my way to his place.

"Are your cousins still home?" He questioned.

I shook my head.

We were getting off topic and I couldn't do much other than repeat that I was there to talk about 'us'.

"And about my tattoo not glowing.." He started.