4. Bold Eager Steps

We entered the café and chose a corner seat as Navya bhabhi likes privacy. We decided to wait for Nandini as it was her treat, so we started talking when Navya's phone rang and she excused to talk as there was a lot of hustle and bustle. Cabir came and sat beside me.

Cabir: So?

Manik: So...

Cabir: Idiot!

Manik: What?

Cabir shook his head while I frowned. What does her want?

Cabir: Are you nervous?

M: Wh..what.. Are you t.. talking about?

Cabir: Oh come on Manik, you don't need to hide it from me.

I sighed helplessly on my fate as I realised that I couldn't hide anything from my brother.

Manik: Yes Cabir! I'm hell nervous. I don't why, but I am. I am confused whether she'll like me or not or she's just marrying me because of family pressure. It's just too confusing and overwhelming.

Cabir sighed and kept his hand on my shoulder.

Cabir: You know what, this was the same way I used to feel when I got to know that mom-dad fixed my marriage with Navya. At first I thought we would never get along but eventually we started understanding each other, loving each other. You know, you are lucky, at least you know about her family while I was new to them during my marriage. Nandini is a perfect girl for you Manik. I know her for quite a long time now. Woh bechaari bhi yahi sab soch kar pareshaan ho rahi hogi. Navya should support her but we can't expect anything from her.

I was listening to him, understanding and analysing each and every word of his but his last line struck me although he whispered it.

Manik: What did you say?

Cabir widened his eyes at me and this told me that he was nervous.

Cabir: Ku....kuch bhi toh nahi...

I wasn't sure of his assurance but didn't budge him further as Navya also came back.

Navya: Yaar yeh Nandu kahan reh gayi?

Cabir: Aati hogi Navya. Chill!

Honestly even I was getting impatient to see her. It's been 24 hours since I met her but she has already occupied my mind as if she owns it, technically she does but, oh screw it.

Cabir and Navya were talking and placing orders since they knew our choices while I was just staring at the entrance, waiting for her when I saw a figure approaching us which was none other than my soon to be wife. She was looking hell sexy in her formals.

She came and hurriedly sat beside Navya side hugging her.

Nandini: I'm so so sorry. I got stuck in traffic.

Cabir: Well it's OK saali-sahiba (sister in law).

She giggled at his dramatic endearment.

Nandini: Oh god jiju.. itne cliche ways of addressing me huh..

Cabir: Haan toh tujhe samjhaya tha naa that at least when we are outside home call me Cabir. This jiju and all makes me feel old, yaar. I'm Manik's fraternal twin. Humari same age hai aur phir Navya tumse kuch hi mahine Badi hai...

She giggled on his cribbing while I just admired her laugh.

Nandini: OK fine! I'm sorry Cabir. Now OK?

He grinned and nodded while Navya made a face.

Navya: Kab bade hoge tum Cabir?

Cabir: Kabhi nahi.