26.Some Stolen Moments

The next day, we all were talking and discussing about things, when dad asked me.

Raj: Acha Manik, have you shortlisted the invitation card?

Manik: Yes dad, we've selected them. I'm just waiting for Nandini to come so that we can show you all together.

Dad nodded and I got relieved that nobody teased me but how can I forget about my sweetheart brother who never dodges a chance to tease the hell out of me?

Cabir: Haan, subah se bechara restless hai. I mean yeh Nandu bhi naa, kitni derr laga Rahi hai. Aisa bhi koi karta hai kya, apne majnu ko intezaar karwana..

They all burst out laughing on me while I just rolled my eyes at him.

Abhimanyu: Waise they've chose the best cards and I think you all will love them.

Cabir: Haan haan kyu nahi waise bhi Jo Nandu choose karegi, yeh majnu bhi toh wahi karega naa.. I'm proud of Nandini, how easily she controls him. I'm so proud of my Nandi Bail.

They all were laughing when we heard a voice behind us.

Person: Acha aisa kya kar diya maine Cabir, Jo you're proud of me?

We looked back to find Nandini approaching us, looking exquisite as ever, in her ethnic wear. I don't know why but she looks more beautiful in ethnic wear to me and after all she was wearing my favorite color.

 I don't know why but she looks more beautiful in ethnic wear to me and after all she was wearing my favorite color

She came closer and her sweet peachy cologne hit me hard and made me lose control. She took blessings from everyone and sat beside me and passed me a bright smile to which I gave her a love sick puppy look and she blushed. I held her hand and hid it behind her dupatta.

Vishnu: Ah.. Finally you are here. Now, will we be honored and shown the invites?

Abhimanyu: Of course. So first of all I'm presenting you the bride's side's invitations.

He opened a packet and placed it in amma and appa's hands. They both took it out and caressed it with their hands lovingly and I knew Nandini was getting weak so I tightened my hold on her hand.

 They both took it out and caressed it with their hands lovingly and I knew Nandini was getting weak so I tightened my hold on her hand