8. It's All About Rights Baby

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm. Shit! I have an important surgery today. Oh God! I'll be late... I hurriedly went to freshen up. After a shower of about 30 minutes, I came out to get ready. I took my phone and bag and was about to go down, when my phone beeped. I checked it to find Manik's message.

 I checked it to find Manik's message

*Hey beautiful, good morning.. Have a wonderful day ahead but yes please take care.. Don't overwork please....*

I smiled at his care and replied him with a good morning wish as well and went down to see bhai and Appa discussing something so I thought not to disturb them and went straight towards the kitchen and found Mukti and Amma working and gossiping..

Nandini: Good morning Amma and bhabhi.

They both smiled at me and wished me back. I started helping them in their work and we came out of the kitchen to lay the table. After a while Appa and bhai joined us and we started having our breakfast.

Vishnu: Nandu, aaj Teri night shift to Nahi hai hai na?

Nandini: Nahi Appa par kyu?

Vishnu: Woh Kanna aaj Malhotras Hume dinner par join karenge.

Anita: Kuch hua hai kya?

Abhimanyu : Arey nahi Amma.. It's just a casual dinner since they want Manik and Nandini to be comfortable around each other as soon as possible.

Amma nodded in understanding while Mukti winked at me and I glared at her which didn't affect her at all. Soon we were done with our breakfast and we all left for our workplaces..

I reached the hospital and straight away went to the O.T for the surgery. After the surgery, I took a round, checking on my patients and then came back to my cabin. I was engrossed in my work, when I heard a knock and I allowed the person inside.

Person: Nandini!

I heard a familiar voice and looked up and oh my god! What is he doing here? There he was standing, after a God damn three years, in his glory. Madhyam Singhania a.k.a Maddy....

a Maddy