48.Moments We'll Cherish Forever

"I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

—Harry Burns, When Harry Met Sally

It was almost five in the morning and we were standing on the deck to see the beauty of the rising sun. I was just wearing his shirt because that felt much comfortable and decent than the clothes I had, totally secured in Manik's warm embrace as he stood bare chested, looking the Greek God that he was.

We watched as the sky changed its colour from dark to orangish-yellow, and the sun rising with all its glory and light making the sky look amazingly beautiful.

We kept looking at the alluring range of vision when Manik decided to break the peaceful silence of ours.

Manik: Nandini, I think we should get inside.

I nodded still abstracted in the grace of the charming sunrise and followed him inside. We both sat on the bed when he handed me a mug of coffee. Oh heavens, a good, hot cup of coffee in the beauteous cosmos of Male City with my inamorato. What a bliss.. I sipped on my coffee and relaxation spread through my veins. As I was relishing my coffee, I observed Manik busy in his phone, which made me curious nevertheless I avoided it, considering it some official work.

I finished indulging my coffee while Manik was still busy so I thought not to bother him. I took out my phone to check my IG account and was liking different posts but what caught my attention was a collage of my photos which were candid shots; for example, when I was admiring the beauty around or when I sleeping. All of them were posted by Manik who captioned it quoting it as..

Just like wine gets sweeter as it gets older, you keep getting so beautiful with age. I fall a little more in love with you with every passing day.#mylove #wifey❤😙

I smiled as realisation hit me that he was busy posting and updating his profile with my photos. I approached him, took his mobile, catching him off guard and captured his lips in mine, kissing him like there's no tomorrow which he responded equally. We parted away when we felt the need of air and looked at each other.

Manik: What was the reward for?

Nandini: What reward are you talking about? I kissed you because I wanted to. Couldn't I kiss you like that?

He looked surprised with my boldness but then smirked and jerked me closer to him.

Manik: Of course you can. In fact I love it when you take the intiative..