41.I'll Reward You

As the sun's rays hit my face, I wanted nothing but to hide my face and sleep, for like forever but alas I had to get up. So I immediately opened my eyes, defeated by the sun and found myself in the same lehenga that I wore yesterday evening but my jewellery and footwear were taken out and then my eyes travelled towards Manik, who was sleeping like a baby. I'm sure he must have removed them. I smiled at him and pecked his forehead which made him smile in his sleep. Oh, he is so cute and I so wish to.. Oh no, stop Nandini.. How despo..

I removed his arm from my waist, slowly and carefully enough not to break his sleep, and got up from the bed towards the washroom to get ready for the day. I got ready in a magenta saree for I had to go to my house today for my pag phere ritual. Oh my god, I forgot to tell Manik that I had to visit my home. He'll definitely say something stupid in front of everyone.

I came towards the mirror to set my hair and apply some basic makeup. Kajal, lipstick and eyeliner, mangalsutra and chooda did it all for me. I was about to put the vermilion when I remembered Manik's words. So I walked towards the bed and started ruffling his hair. He smiled peacefully and shifted his head on my lap which startled me. I gasped with this new feeling.. It was...was exciting, blissful and lovely. I smilingly ruffled his hair...

Nandini: Uthiye Manik... Hume neeche jaana hai. Sab wait kar rahe honge.

Manik: Nandini do minute aur...

He nuzzled his face in my stomach and raised millions of butterflies in it. I was going to say something but my words got stuck in my throat when I felt him giving me a wet kiss on my stomach and since I had made a plated pallu, it was easier for him to get access to my stomach.

Nandini: Ok fine you sleep but please fill my hairline so that I can proceed with my chores.

He immediately looked at me and then at my hands which had the vermilion box. He sat up and filled my hairline and kissed near it, then looked at me lovingly.

Manik: So, you didn't forget...

I just lost myself in his eyes and cupped his cheek.

Nandini: Aapki Kahi hui koi bhi baat ko mai kaise bhool sakti hoon Manik? Aap toh meri Jaan ho, aur apni jaan ko bhula kar mai kahan jaaungi Manik? You are the reason to my existence Manik..

He was tear eyed when I finished. He hugged me tightly Which I reciprocated almost immediately. He broke the hug and kissed my cheeks.

Manik: I love you so much Nandini. You made me a human with emotions. I won't be able to live without you.

I nodded in a no, restraining him to speak further and pecked his forehead. I smiled at him and was about to get up from the bed when he pulled me back and crashed his lips on mine. I was taken aback with this sudden kiss and wasn't able to respond but when he bit my lip, I granted him access to my mouth. Feeling me breathless, he broke the kiss.

Nandini: What was that?

I asked panting and he grinned at me.

Manik: What... I needed my morning dose. Yesterday, you looked so beautiful and I wanted to take you so hard but you were sleeping and also you were tired.

I didn't know whether to blush or be happy that he loves me so much so I did something more opposite. I hit him on his arm playfully and got up from the bed.

Nandini: I'm going.. Aap jaldi se fresh hokar aao neeche....

He smiled at me while I left for downstairs. I found mom dad sitting in the dining area so I quickly greeted them, followed by our dear CaVya.

Nandini: Navya, as soon as I join the hospital back, you need to visit, so I can do your checkup with the appropriate equipments. Am I clear?

She nodded with a smile and by that time even Manik joined us. He came and greeted everyone and sat beside me.

Manik: Kya ho raha hai guys?

Navya: Kuch nahi.. Bas tumhari biwi Hume order de rahi hai checkup karwane ko.

Manik: Haan toh sahi hee toh keh rahi hai.

Navya: Haan beta tu toh joru ka gulaam ho Gaya hai.

Manik: Cabir, Navya ko kya kya sikha raha hai tu?

Cabir: Arey bhai, isne toh mere naak par dam kar rakha hai...

Navya glared at him to which he made a scared face.

Nyonika: Kya hua Cabir?

Cabir: Mom, kya bataoon, yesterday night she woke me up at 3 and told me that she wanted me to give her a horse ride, like seriously....

We all started laughing and the loudest were Manik and dad.

Manik(still laughing): Yaar Cabir, Navya ne tujhe tera asli roop bata diya.

This time even Navya couldn't control her laughter and laughed aloud. One thing which everyone failed to notice was Cabir admiring Navya's laughing face and ultimately he looked at me. He knew that he was caught by me so he passed me a sheepish smile which I returned warmly.

Cabir: Acha Nandini iske mood swings ka kuch ho sakta hai?

I started laughing, followed by the others.

Nandini: Unfortunately Cabir, Iska toh kuch nahi ho sakta...

He faked a sad face and sulked.

Nyonika: Acha Navya, are you also going with Nandini?

Before Navya could respond, as expected Manik started his ranting.

Manik: Going with Nandini? Where? Woh kahan jaa rahi hai?

Nyonika: Manik, she is going to her home for her pag phere ritual.

Manik: Is it necessary?

Raj: Of course.. And for your kind information, you can't go with her right now. You'll go to pick her up in the evening.

Manik: But dad...

Nyonika: Manik stop.. So Navya what about you?

Navya: Yes mom.. Amma has called me too. So I'll be going with her...

Mom nodded while Manik held my hand tightly under the table. I caressed his hands softly.

Cabir: Mom, mujhe Waise bhi office mei kuch kaam hai so I'll drop both of them, myself.

Nyonika: Ok beta...

Cabir: Nandini let's go. I hope you're ready.

I nodded and tried to free my hand but Manik was adamant. Navya came and pulled me suddenly making Manik's grip lose and bid bye to mom dad and dragged me with her, with Cabir in front of us.

I was sitting in the back seat of the car with CaVya in the front. I knew Manik must be sulking right now so I thought to cheer him up. I took out my phone and texted him through WhatsApp.

Nandini: My dear hubby.. Please don't be sad. I know we couldn't say goodbye but it's just a matter of few hours and if you'll be a good boy then I'll reward you at night....

I sent him the message and immediately regretted it. Shit.. Why did I show him this boldness which vanishes in front of him? I waited for his reply which I finally got...

Manik: Oh acha... Hope you don't disappoint me my dear wifey... I'll look forward for tonight and your REWARD.

Shit, now you are gone Nandini Manik Malhotra. What would you do in front of him? With all these thoughts, we reached home and we went inside with me, still worried about tonight. Kya Nandini? Why did you pull such a stunt?