70. Holi Hai

So before I start writing, here is the reference picture of Aarav Murthy and Abeer Malhotra

So before I start writing, here is the reference picture of Aarav Murthy and Abeer Malhotra. Enjoy the update.
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
I've been looking sad in all the nicest places.
I see you around in all these empty faces.
I've been looking sad in all the nicest places.
Now I'm in the cab,I tell him where your place is.
~I Don't Wanna Live Forever
~Zayn and Taylor Swift

Happiness is an illusion, an illusion that tricks our brain; we feel it when we are in a good state of temper and we don't when we're at the worst of our sides. I felt happiness around me for I was tricked that I'm at my best, because everyone around me is so. And somewhere down the line, I wanted this trick to last forever, which is also an illusion because yes it's true that nothing lasts forever and this is not just a quote. My lecture of happiness broke as my dear husband banged opened​the door.

Manik: You're still not ready Nandini. Hume aaj hee jaana hai, kal nahi.

Sarcasm is the main language nowadays, mind you.

Nandini: Oh really Manik? I thought hume ek saal baad jaana hai isiliye mai itni aaram se tyaar ho rahi thi. Sorry haan..

I replied him in a fake dramatic tone because two can play at a game, isn't it?

Manik: Oh acha! Ok so now that you know, please hurry up.

I rolled my eyes at him and resumed dressing up. No matter how much lovey-dovey we are, but sarcasm is our only means of communication after romance and sensibility and to be honest, I like it this way only. It feels like we are some college going couple, hopelessly in love but arguing over every small thing and mocking eachother at ever sarcastic way possible. After I finished the touch-up, I turned towards him, to find him admiring me. Bingo! Gone was the sarcastic Nandini, replaced with the blushy one, the one who automatically behaved like a well grown lady.

He walked slowly, measuring each and every step and inch, towards me, raising my adrenaline. This is so unfair, I mean, he just has to look at me with those dreamy eyes and no effort was ever required to get me. He took the vermilion box from me and applied a pinch of it on my hairline and just like every other day, my world stopped spinning, freezing me in that particular moment. This reminds me of our wedding day, when he made me his, marking my hairline with the vermilion of his name. As much as filmy I might sound but that's what love does to you. It makes you silly, it destroys all your senses, it removes your sixth and common sense, it takes its place everywhere it could-on your mind, in your heart, even your body doesn't complies you anymore. Love is a serious and hazardous addiction so make sure you get addicted to the right one. I felt his lips on my forehead, sealing his silent promise of protection, affection and respect. I opened my eyes and looked at him, his enigmatic chocolatey brown eyes, that compel me - compel me to do all those things which I would​ never dare to do; which take me to a world which is heaven and hell both and makes me feel powerful and surrendered both. He was leaning closer to my face, bending to my level, to kiss me and I closed my eyes in submission. We were about to kiss, our lips touching each other when suddenly I backed out, taking him by surprise. The look on his face was an epic one, I bit my lip to control the threatening giggle and cleared my throat.