74. Incomplete Purposes

Koi chupata hai, koi batata hai..
Koi rulata hai to koi hasata hai..
Pyar to har kisiko hai kisi na kisi se..
Fark itna hai.. Koi azmaata hai aur koi nibhaata hai!!

Some hide, some reveal..
Some make us cry whereas others make us smile..
Everyone loves​ someone or other..
The only difference is that.. Some try love and some stay with their love...

One Year Later

Life is beautiful but unpredictable, when you're relaxed and happy, Suddenly it throws some trouble on you, or you're already struggling and in the verge of giving up, all at once, everything seems fine, like a miracle happened but that's how it is. We just can't give up because if we do, we might lose the opportunity to experience the better days, the happier days where you are content with the love of your life. Well, at least this theory is absolutely correct in my life. It's been two years of our wedding, two wonderful years of togetherness, two years since we overcame so many hurdles together, two years with nothing but increasing love.

"Nandiniiiiiii!"

A loud screeching voice broke my reverie bringing me back to earth, which belonged to none other than my beloved husband, who can't even survive for two minutes without me, knowing that we're under the same roof. I hurriedly rushed out of the kitchen with his black coffee only to dash with Cabir, who gave me a teasing smirk.

Cabir: Tere Romeo Ka kaam nahi chalta naa tere bina Nandi bail?

I rolled my eyes at him which made him chuckle at me. He's so pathetic with his jokes these days.

Nandini: Cabir, you gorilla, you really need to improve your humour. You're getting out of style.

He made a o dramatically making me snort at him.

Cabir: Oh please! I'm still better than your Romeo...

Really now? He's comparing himself with Manik. Seriously? Before I could make a grand comeback, we heard Manik calling out for me, louder than before, making both of us sigh deeply.

Cabir: Jaa Juliet jaa, sun le apne Romeo ki baat isse pehle woh iss dharti ko sar pe uthale...

Damn you Cabir. I rolled my eyes at him and ran towards our room, only to find Manik with his tie in his hands, messed up hair, his blazer in his other hand, his shoes lying near the bed and files scattered in the bed. Well, apparently Manik had an important deal to crack, for which he was even working overtime. I walked towards him and took his tie from his hands. I started tying it in a knot, aware of his gaze at me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer making me sigh in content.

Manik: Nandini, I'm so sorry. I know I'm not able to give you time and I even get grumpy over silly and petty things but I can't help it. I am really tired and frustrated, moreover I'm nervous. I want to win this deal for dad. He has worked so hard to be where he is today, Nandini and I really want to make him proud of me. I am..

I kept my finger on his lips stopping him from apologising again and again. I smiled at him and cupped his cheeks.

Nandini: Manik you don't need to explain anything to me. It's me, your Nandini. I know you more than you know yourself. I know how important this deal is for you and trust me I want the same Manik. I want to see dad with pride in his eyes as you sign this deal. I want to see him happy as well. And about your grumpiness, well it's nothing new, you're always grumpy and monster Manik, aren't you?