71. Tere Ishq Ki Mujhko Aadat Hai

My world is an empty place
Like I've been wandering the desert
For a thousand days
Don't know if it's a mirage
But I always see your face, baby
~A Year Without Rain
~Selena Gomez

Nandini: Manik, let's get you to rest. You'll feel better.

I said for the ninth time to stop him as he was totally out and high but as usual I was ignored very conveniently. He was still holding my waist tightly with one hand whereas his other was in my hair, holding it in a firm grip. His body pressed to mine, making me lose my sanity, every bit of it, but I knew I've to control because he was not in his senses and he has to rest. I held onto his bicep to push him but he spun me around, pressing my front to the wall. I felt his breath on my neck and shoulder. Shit! Now I'm gone.

Nandini: Manik, please stop...

I tried to stop him again but instead felt his warm lips on my neck. I gasped as he bit me there, taking my skin between his teeth, giving me sweet pain.

Manik: It's Holi Nandu! Let's enjoy.

I heard him whispering in my ears. God! How do I make him stop? I was thinking while he was still showering me with thousand kisses, which were making it difficult for me to even stand straight.
Suddenly an idea popped in my mind. I quickly turned around, even though he was protesting, making him groan in frustration. I traced his cheeks seductively and he immediately softened in my gaze.

Nandini: Manik, let's go to the room and then..we can continue.. you know... our romance..

I said softly and huskily, moving my hands from his shoulder to his hands. His expression quickly changed into am excited one and he bobbed his head up and down enthusiastically. I somehow dragged him out of the washroom to the bedroom and made him sit on the bed. I was about to take out a fresh pair of clothes for him when he tugged at my hand and pulled me onto himself. I was looking into his deep brown chocolatey eyes that were like an open book for me. He brought his hand on my cheeks, stroking them softly while his other hand was busy tucking my hair lock behind my ear. He leaned in towards my lips but I palmed his lips, making him groan in frustration.

Nandini: Manik, first you need to change. Come on, get up and change yourself.

I pushed him into the changing room and ran downstairs to prepare a glass of lime water to ease his tipsiness. I was preparing the limewater when Navya came in, muttering some abuses. I thought to avoid her but she spoke to me herself.

Navya: Arey Nandini, tum nimboo pani bana rahi ho?

Isn't it obvious? Duh!

Nandini: Um yes Navya. Actually Manik is drunk so I thought to make him drink limewater so that he could recover before evening.

She nodded and then started making another glass of lime water, confusing me.

Nandini: Is Cabir drunk too?

She nodded at me and then we both worked silently until Cabir came singing actually shouting.

Cabir: No, no, no. Maine pee nahi hai.

I chuckled hearing his song and continued working. He walked inside with stumbling steps and stood beside me.

Cabir: Arey Nandi bail!Tu yahan? Tu yahan kya kar rahi hai? Let's play holi..Chalo...

He held my hand and tried dragging me but failed miserably and was about to fall when Navya and I held him from either sides. God! Why do people drink it they can't handle it?

Nandini: Cabir I'm tired so we're not playing holi anymore and you would also get moving. Jao rest karo..

Cabir: How boring Nandi bail! You are behaving like oldies..