56. The Name's Abeer

Yeh Dil toh dhoondta hai, inkaar ke bahaane,
Lekin yeh jism koi paawandiyaan naa mane
~Bulleya

As we sat in the luxurious living area of our home, after an awkward breakfast with the ever annoying Alya between us, thick silence prevailed us. We had nothing to say, as we sat looking at each other's faces. Alya was testing my patience, since the time I got to know about the whole plotting of hers with that jerk of a husband of hers. I despised the fact that I had to see her face. Mom broke the long and awkward  silence of ours attaining all of our attention.

Nyonika: Cabir, Navya, tum dono ne koi naam socha ki nahi mere rajkumar ka?Hmm?

She asked them while playing with Abeer, oh sorry, that's the name I kept but now I don't think that's possible because no way in hell Navya is going to accept that name.

Navya: Mom, Cabir ne kaha ke unke pass ek bohot acha naam hai, toh Maine kuch nahi socha..

Raj: Acha, toh phir batao Cabir..

We all looked towards him as he shifted uncomfortably in his place. Since Abeer's birth, he has been lost, and I know the reason, because once again he's trapped between his wife and sister's ugly spat. He looked at me once and then looked at mom, and faking a smile said.

Cabir: Abeer!!

I looked at him in shock as he ignored my gaze and continued to look at Navya and Abeer who was playing in her lap now.

Navya: That's a beautiful name Cabir. Yeh kahan se socha aapne?

He looked at me rather uncomfortably and this is the first time, we had this uncomfortable zone since our first meet. My mind traveled back to the time when we had this discussion.

Flashback

As Navya slept in her room, Cabir, Manik and I sat in our room, catching up on everything like old friends and as usual, the drama queen started her drama..

Cabir: Yaar tum log kitne useless ho..

He said slapping Manik's leg who was lying on my lap as I ruffled his hair gently.

Nandini: Acha, aur itne honorable title se hume sammanit kyu kiya jaa raha hai Mr Cabir Malhotra?

Cabir: Arey, mera baccha hone wala hai, aur uska naam sochne ke jagah tum log har samay romance karte rehte ho..

He flapped his hands in air dramatically, expressing that we have committed a blunder. Manik groaned irritatedly while I rolled my eyes.

Manik: Tu Toh jaise romance karta hee nahi.

Cabir: Mai nahi karta..

Manik: Acha! Uski ka nateeja hai ki Navya pregnant hai.

Nandini: Uffo. Stop it both of you..

They both looked at me..

Nandini: So coming back to the main point, what have you decided?

He looked at me blankly which made me roll my eyes at him.

Nandini: Ok, so let's decide it now...

They both got excited and sat up straight, thinking hard over names. Suddenly Manik exclaimed.

Manik: I got one..

We looked at him eagerly which boosted his ego, and he proudly announced.

Manik: CaVya..

I looked at him with narrowed gaze while Cabir had the nonsense look in his face.

Manik: What! Aren't you guys impressed?