44. Mission Propose

I woke up as my alarm rang and hurriedly switched it off and found my dear husband sleeping almost on top of me, with his hands on my waist, legs tangled with mine and head on my chest. He's such a baby. I smiled at his sleeping figure and carefully got up keeping my robe on my place so that his sleep doesn't get disturbed and made my way towards the washroom.

I did my chores and came out to dress up myself atleast presentable enough to go to the hospital. As a doctor, I didn't carry much of accessories and hurriedly went towards Manik to wake him up.

I ruffled his hair and as a reflex, he shifted his head on my lap.

Nandini(softly): Manik wake up, it's 9 already.

Manik: Hmm.. Two minutes more, please..

I sighed and kept ruffling his hair. I don't know why but I'm getting jitters, as if something's gonna happen-good or bad, I don't know but all I know is, that I won't ever give up on him, no matter what. My thoughts broke as I felt Manik waking up. He woke up with a smile and kissed my forehead.

Manik: Good morning...

Nandini(smilingly): Good morning..

I forwarded him the vermilion box and he smilingly filled my hairline with the vermilion. I got up to set my hair.

Nandini: Come on Manik. Get up.. We are getting late..

Manik: Haan.. I'm going.. Acha, I'll drop you and pick you up. Ok?

Nandini: Manik that's not needed. I'll manage.

Manik: I know you will, being the independent self that you are, but please. I need to do this, for myself.

I smiled and nodded at him. He went inside the washroom while I took out his clothes for the day. He came out and gave me an impressive smile, seeing his clothes and accessories already laid out.

We both got ready and came down for breakfast. Dad was sipping on his coffee while mom was cutting some fruits, Cabir was busy with the his breakfast while Navya was drinking milk with a bad face. Manik went towards Cabir while I joined mom.

Nandini: Good morning mom.

She smiled at me and wished the same. I started helping her with the breakfast. One thing that I learnt about the Malhotra family was that the men were foody and choosy, so mom herself looked after the food, even after being the modern woman that she is and I totally admire her for that and she did that wholeheartedly.

We both sat the table and sat down for the breakfast. We did it silently till the time when dad spoke.

Raj: Manik-Nandini, where would you like to go for your honeymoon?

I nearly choked on my food and Navya patted my back naughtily...

Manik: D-dad we will decided it later..I mean we haven't discussed about this..

Nyonika: Nandini, leave him. You tell me, where do you wish to go?

I blushed and looked down but mom asked me again.

Nandini: Mom, honestly I have been to many places so I don't desire to go to any particular place..

Cabir: Hmm.. So Manik and Nandini both aren't interested going to any particular place..

Raj: That means we can send you both to any place, we wish.

We both blushed and continued our breakfast silently. After a while, mom dad got up, leaving us behind..

Nandini: Navya, Cabir, I hope you both remember that you have to come for a checkup.

They both nodded.