54. Manik?

Happiness, bliss, celebration, peace, excitement - naah! I was too numb to feel anything. I thought this would be the greatest celebration and that I'd pamper the baby but all my dreams and hopes came shattering down yesterday. I thought that maybe everything will be settled but no, Navya didn't even let me touch the baby. I still can't believe she forbade me to touch the baby.

I was called downstairs to eat so I somehow dragged my feet. Manik was nowhere in sight since we came home and that hurt me the most. Can't you just come and talk to me for once Manik? I reached downstairs to see mom and dad playing with the baby, Navya sitting on the couch looking at the them smilingly, Cabir sitting with his head in his palm and Manik.. Sighs.. Well he was sitting on the couch, looking lostly at exactly nowhere. You need to talk to me Manik. Ek Baar, please. I was about to call him but I stopped immediately when Alya held his hand, bringing him out of his thoughts and smiled at him. He faked a smile at her. Why Manik? Why are you avoiding me Mani?

He looked at me and all his eyes displayed was pain. He was hurt and pain so was I Manik. Can't you see I'm bleeding pain? He averted his gaze and kept his hand on top of hers, looking at her. I fisted my hand to control my tears and looked away.

Nyonika: Arey Nandini tu aagayi. Chal aaja..

I looked at her shockingly to which she smiled and caressed my hair softly.

Nyonika: Nandu jis tarah Navya meri beti hai, usi tarah tu bhi hai. Ek maa apne bacchon ko pain mei nahi dekh sakti. I know you won't do anything of that sort, Nandu.

I cryingly hugged her tightly to which she caressed my hair. I felt so happy that at least my parents trust me. I felt someone caressing my back so I looked back to find dad. I immediately hugged him tightly, taking out all my pain, that I could but alas I couldn't find peace because my peace was angry with me, for no reason.

We broke the hug and scurried to the dining area where Manik was already sitting with Alya, Navya and Cabir while the baby was still lying on the couch. I smiled at him. I was about to sit when I saw that he was about to fall so I ran towards him and held him before he could fall. I cradled him close to my chest but he was snatched from me by Navya. She held the baby close to her, taking a step back.

Navya: Don't you dare touch my baby, Nandini.

I looked at her surprisingly with tears streaming down my face.

Nandini: Navya...

I whispered, unable to speak anything.

Navya: No, I can't afford to lose my baby once again.

I looked at her in betrayal and hurt.

Navya: Swear on your brother that you won't touch my baby...

What! Is she...she crazy? She is telling me to swear on bhai..

Nandini: My brother?

I whispered in disbelief while she just sniggered at me at if it didn't matter to her. How can she say my brother? Isn't bhai her brother too?

Navya: Woh mera bhai hai hee kahan? Har baar usne tujhe support kiya. Kal bhi, Woh ek baar bhi mere pass nahi aaya..

'Just when I thought that you really love me Navu, you proved me wrong.'

I looked back to find bhai standing there along with Rishit and Maddy. That was it, all my strength came down like rain and I ran towards him, hugging him tightly. He kept his hand on my head, patting it. He walked inside still hugging me sideways.

Abhimanyu: I don't know Navu, why do you feel that I don't love you like Nandu. Kal mai aa  raha tha tere paas but you went away with Cabir, not even looking back once. Did you realize how much you hurt us all yesterday? It was always about you, right? You never cared for us. In your insecurity, you forgot how we were brought up, how Amma appa wanted us to behave, what ethics they gave us and then you say that you are not a part of us. You know what, you are right.