5. Step One To Togetherness

It was 8 in the morning now and mom was going berserk and why wouldn't she? After all it was my Roka and engagement today. Sometimes I feel that it's just too early and then on the other hand it just feels so right like it was always supposed to happen. On One side, I feel nervous about the changes which are going to take place in my life but on the other side, I feel excited to be a part of someone's life, being called someone's wife.

My thoughts broke when Mukti came inside my room. She smiled at me which I returned sweetly. She came and sat beside me and kept her hand on mine.

Mukti: Nandu, I know your inner turmoil and trust me when I say it, every girl goes through it. Even I went through it. I used to be so nervous and excited, even though it was a love marriage but then at the end, it's all worth it. Manik is a very nice person, he'll always keep you happy.

She said everything in a soft tone and smiling in between while I listened her every word carefully and registering it in my brain.

Mukti(smiles and caresses her hair): Nandu, this is the time when you'll eventually get to know each other. You'll get to see each other's different sides, get to know about each other's likes and dislikes. This is your time and you have to utilise it carefully. Live this time happily but carefully... Got it?

I nodded smilingly and hugged her to which she reciprocated equally.

Nandini(breaking the hug): Mukti, I don't know what I'll do without you.....

Mukti: Come on Nandu! Remember how you helped me and comforted me when I first met Amma-Appa and then when finally I got married, although everyone liked me but then too, you stood by me always. Moreover, we're besties, so it's my responsibility to make you feel good...

I smiled at her after which she left. I was going to read some cases when my phone beeped. I looked at it to find Manik's message.

*Hey there beautiful! Good morning..*

I blushed at his text since this was all very new for me. I came out of my zone and thought to reply..

*Hey.. Good morning to you too.*

*So, excited about today...*

Now I'm confused whether to answer him about my true feelings or not. I mean my answer may hurt him but no I won't lie to him about my feelings as this is the start of our relationship.

*I don't know Manik, I mean I have mixed feelings. At one side it's nervousness but at the other side it's excitement.*

The message displayed blue ticks indicating that he had seen it but he still didn't reply and I was literally shivering. What if he's angry, what if he's hurt? What if...

My thoughts got interrupted by my phone's ring. It showed Manik's name and without any second thought, I immediately picked it up and started apologising...

Nandini: Manik I'm so sorry.. Woh I thought to share my feelings with you. I didn't want to lie to you for anything because I want our relationship to have trust. I'm so sorry Manik if I hurt your feelings. Aap kuch bol kyu nahi rahe?

Manik: Woah Madam! Take a breath and calm down... Well I'm glad that you expressed your feelings to me. In fact that's what I want from you. Trust!

I smiled at his statement and sat down in relief.

Manik: Nandini, you know, I'm as nervous and excited as you are, right now. I don't know if my talks can comfort your thoughts and nervousness but I'm sure of one thing that I'll always keep you happy and I'll always stand by your side, whatever maybe the situation...