6.Engaged!

My breath hitched when his arm wrapped around my petite waist. He came closer when I stopped dead on my track. His chest collided with my back, making me feel so heavenly and nervous at the same time. He blew air on my neck and kissed it lightly while I clutched the dupatta tightly in my fist. He trailed his lips upto my ears and whispered in his husky voice.

Manik: Did I tell you that you look heavenly beautiful today!

I closed my eyes feeling the proximity of his closeness while he continued his talks.

Manik: Today I've got half rights on you and I promise that as we proceed with these ceremonies our romance will also increase. Slowly and carefully. Step by step.

He kissed my cheeks from behind making me redder every growing second. I turned towards him and hugged him tightly. After sometime, I felt his arms around me and oh my goodness! I felt like I'm in heaven. Like I'm in the safest place. Like I'm protected from all the evil eyes in this world. From every negative aura. We stood there absorbing each other's presence, when a knock disturbed us.

I quickly broke the hug and ran towards the door, calming myself in between which went in vain as I could feel his intense gaze on me the whole time. Taking a deep breath, I opened the door, and found Mukti, standing there with a smirk on her face. I pleaded her through eyes for not saying anything embarrassing but how could I ever get saved from Mukti Murthy.

Mukti: What took you so long to open the door Nandu?

She asked smirking evilly while I glared at her. Listening to us, Manik also came there and replied her in a go....

Manik: Woh Nandini was in the washroom and I was about to open the door when she came and opened it herself...

Before I could react, Mukti again poked her nose..

Mukti: Oh I see, but Manik, Nandini hasn't changed. Leave alone changing, she hasn't even removed her makeup.

I glared at her and looked at him only to find his eyes closed and his mouth moving, indicating his self cursing session which I found literally very cute.

Nandini: Mukti bhabhi, what do you want?

I asked her annoying and as if she understood, she stopped her teasing.

Mukti: Woh I came to inform you that you've got three hours to take rest. At exactly five I'll come and help you to dress while Manik, you can use our room to get ready. I'll get ready here only with Nandini.

We both nodded our heads and she was about to leave, when she turned back with an evil grin on her face.

Mukti: BTW Manik(he turns to face her) try to make some better excuse next time.

She winked at him leaving us blushing there. We came in and locked the door.

Nandini: Manik aap fresh ho jayiye. After that you can change here itself. I'll change in the dressing room itself.

He nodded with a slight smile and went inside while I took out my casuals and started removing my jewellery and kept them safely inside the boxes. Meanwhile Manik came out and I went inside carrying my change and jewellery boxes.

I came out after freshing up and arranging everything to find Manik all ready to sleep on the couch.

Nandini: Manik aap wahan kya kar rahe hain?

He looked at me in a confused face and replied in a duh tone..

Manik: What do you think I'm doing Nandini. Obviously preparing to rest for a while.

Nandini: I understand that Manik but why on the couch?

Manik: Simply because I know you won't be comfortable in sharing the bed with me..