21. Bonding Done Right

I just can't believe that the month is going to be over and next month which is hardly three days away, I'll been getting married to the love of my life.. I'll be a married woman, I'll be addressed as Dr. Nandini Manik Malhotra. This feeling is so pure and beautiful. In the short period of time that I spent with him, we went through so much, but we survived everything and our bond came out to be stronger. I got aware of his different shades, the naughty one, the romantic one, the angry one, the serious one among many others and to be honest, I loved every shade of his. According to his words, I'm the only one who can calm his anger, he says he gets peace just by my mere touch. He's totally silly and his silliness makes me smile.

My thoughts halted by my phone's ring. It showed mom. Oh why is mom calling me? I quickly picked up the phone.

Nandini: Good morning mom...

Nyonika: Good morning Nandu. Kaisi ho?

Nandini: Mai theek hoon mom. Aap kaisi hain?

Nyonika: I'm fine beta. Your dad is missing you alot.

Nandini: Awww.. I'm missing him too..

Nyonika: Acha beta, as you know this month is going to end aur dusre month ke starting mei hee you and Manik are going to get married so before we start preparing and discussing, I need you to come with me so that we can shop some traditional wear for your wardrobe.

Nandini: But mom, there's seriously no need of it. I mean I've plenty of ethnic wear.

Nyonika: I know beta and you can bring your favorite clothes along with your important stuff, but all I want is to design your wardrobe as you know I've always dreamt for a daughter so I need to fulfill my wish. Please don't say no, I've even done this for Navya too.

Nandini(sighed): Mom you don't need to say please, you just order me. Aap mujhe bata dijiye kahan aana hai, I'll be there on time.

Nyonika(excited): Very good... Come at the Phoenix Mall at one. Ok.. We'll wait for you on the first floor. Ok?

Nandini: Yes mom...

We bid byes and hung up. I don't know how but in this one month, I got so comfortable with the Malhotra family. I never personally visited Malhotra Mansion, which is my future home and home till my last breath, but the members of that house are so close to me. Manik is obviously close to me, there's no explanation about why and how, Navya is of course my sister and there's no doubt that we're close while Cabir became my best friend since the time we first met when he came for his honeymoon. I can't believe that a few days back, I used to address Manik's parents as uncle-aunty but now I call them mom-dad. It's funny how we got so close and it's natural, the care and love that we both feel for each other.

These days only one name is on my mind, Rishit Singhania.. We used to be nothing and then suddenly we became everything and today again we have that awkwardness between us since that revelation about me having a crush on him once. He's on my mind, troubling my thoughts, why, because we're best of friends and I know he's also troubled like me, the only difference being that I have my stress buster with me(Manik) while he has no-one or should I say that he wants no one in his life again. He only has me so until he's not hooking up with anyone, I have to be there for him.

I immediately called him up, without thinking anything because probably it would be evening there and no matter what he'll pick up my phone. As expected, he did answer my call.

Rishit(excitedly): What's up beautiful?

Nandini(sighed): Is it too awkward now that you'll pretend in front of me?

I could hear him sigh at the other end.

Rishit: That means I cannot hide anything from you still?