36. Humesha

It was hell tiring day, with all the fun and enjoyment we had but what irked me was Dhruv's behavior and Alya's scene, the most. They were really getting awkward day by day. I don't really understand what's up with them.

I was thinking all this when ouch... My hair got stuck to the hook of my dress. Ayeappa, it's so painful. I opened the hook of my dress in order to start the rescue mission to help my hair. I was busy untangling the lock of hair and I almost did it when I felt a rough yet gentle touch on my bare back and I immediately knew it was Manik, because no one can make me feel like him. His touch feels heavenly. I closed my eyes when his hand started wandering everywhere. He came close to my ear and whispered.

Manik: Done...

My eyes snapped opened and I realized that my hair lock was finally rescued and also that he had zipped my dress back. His respect increased in my eyes.. I was aware of his gaze on my face through the mirror and I was going to look up when I remembered that we're not supposed to look at each other before marriage so I closed my eyes tightly.

Nandini: Manik, aap ko yahan nahi hona chahiye. Hum ek dusre ko dekh nahi sakte. Pata hai na, aapko? Phir kyu aaye aap yahan par?

Manik: Nandini, first of all,mai yeh sab nahi maanta. I know we are following all the rituals but..but I really need to talk to you. It's..It's urgent...

I felt the plead in his voice that screamed the need of this conversation. So I turned towards him and cupped his face.

Nandini: Kya hua Manik? Kuch baat hui kya?

He sighed and nuzzled in my hands.

Manik: Nandini...I.. I don't know what's up with Alya. She.. She is behaving strange. I swear I don't love her and I don't know why she is saying so. I just didn't say anything because I felt not to stretch the topic. I wanted our wedding peacefully..I...

I interrupted him in between by keeping my finger on his lips.

Nandini: Kitna bolte hain aap. Just listen to me.

I removed my finger while he pouted. Oh god, he looked so adorable. I dragged him towards the bed and made him sit. I pulled out a chair and sat in front of him.

Nandini: Manik, you don't need to prove your love to me. In fact, you don't need to prove anything to me. We are life partners, we both love each other and when we say love, it also means that we trust each other and understand each other. What do you think, I would have said nothing? Of course, I would have. You know, a girl or to be precise a woman, doesn't care if she's told to share anything that belongs to her but, she can't stand a single touch on her man's body that belongs to another woman, other than this mother's or sister's.

His eyes twinkled, maybe in admiration or love. I held his hands in mine.

Nandini: And so do I... But I kept quiet because of two reasons. Number 1: She is a guest, though an uninvited one but she is and number two: because she's Dhruv's wife, who is your friend.

He smiled and kissed my forehead. We both sat in silence for a while until he broke it.

Manik: So, you are not angry with me?

I looked at him amusingly while he was looking at my expectedly.

Nandini: Why would I be? I can never be angry unless you give me a reason to be.

He grinned like a child and was about to say something when the door opened and my friends barged inside. They noticed us and smirked at us.

Rishit: Nandu, you know, you should wait for your first night, sweetheart. Don't be so desperate..