11.Revelations

Next morning when Nandini woke up, her head was blasting and why wouldn't it? After the violent fight yesterday, it had to pain like this. Ignoring everything, she descended down the stairs after freshing up and saw Raj and Vishnu talking and laughing like old buddies which made her smile a bit.

Her footsteps alarmed everyone and they looked at her. She tried to give them her brightest of smiles but she couldn't. The elders frowned looking at her but before they could say anything, all the youngsters arrived there.

Manik was feeling bad, looking at Nandini's condition but never approached her, don't know what was stopping him, guilt or anger... None of them looked at Manik or Navya. Abhi came and wrapped his arms around Nandini, giving her the much needed assurance but before she could speak, her parents came running to her...

Anita: Nandu, yeh chot kaise lagi tujhe? Yeh bandage....ye khoon... yeh sab...

Nandini: Amma I'm fine...

Vishnu: Kya fine Kanna.. Your face is pale, your eyes are swollen, you've badly injured your head and all you are telling me is that you're fine...

Nandini was already in tears. She is her daddy's princess and never hid anything from him. She hugged him tightly and he caressed her head soothingly, but concerned. So Abhi decided to handle the situation.

Abhimanyu: Appa woh sab hum baad mei dekhenge.

Vishnu: Nahi Abhi... Mujhe abhi janna hai ki kya hua ki meri phool Jaisi beti ko itni chot aayi...

Abhimanyu: Appa woh....

Navya: Mai batati hoon...

Everyone turned to look at her. The elders in confusion, Manik in sympathy while the youngsters in disgust..

Navya: First of all, I'm really sorry Amma, Appa, Abhi, Mukti and Nandu. I know my sorry would never mend your wounds but it's the least I can do. Manik, you always asked me if I knew about my real parents. Don't you want to know?(Manik nodded confusingly) My parents were Venkatesh and Shanno Murthy. Appa's younger brother..

This shocked everyone except the Murthys.

Navya: When I was five, they died in a car accident and since that day, Appa and Amma took care of me. They even adopted me legally. Nandini and Abhi accepted me wholeheartedly. Till our Teenage, me and Nandini were best of friends but then insecurity started making its way through my mind. Whenever, I used to see Amma and appa with Nandini or Abhi, I used to feel jealous, like I had no one with me. My anxiety came out in the form of rudeness. I behaved awfully with everyone. Then Mukti came and my insecurity level reached its peak when I saw Nandini supporting her and them becoming bffs. I started hating her and Nandini more. One day I told Nandini that she is snatching my rights and woh bechaari sab kuch chod kar chali gayi New York padhne aur isliye woh meri shaadi par bhi nahi aayi...

She was crying incoherently and so was Nandini, hiding herself in her father's embrace. Navya went towards Vishnu and Anita and lowered her head while Manik was bewildered.

Navya: I'm sorry Amma Appa..mai kabhi realize hee nahi kar payi ki mujhe jealous and insecure hone ki koi zaroorat nahi hai kyuki hum sab ek family hain.. I'm sorry please.

Nandini herself came out of Vishnu's embrace to give Navya some space and seeing this Navya and Manik were surprised and guilty. Vishnu and Anita hugged her while Mukti hugged Nandini sideways. Navya moved towards Abhi who was standing with his hands wrapped around Nandini and Mukti.

Navya: I'm sorry Nandini and Abhi..I... I always grew up with the idea that you both stole my rights but it was me who...who snatched your rights. I'm sorry. And Mukti... I don't know how to ask you for forgiveness but I really am guilty for all my deeds. Please forgive me.

Mukti and Abhi immediately hugged her but Nandini was standing still, lost in her thoughts and tears threatening to fall any moment. Navya was going to hold her but Nandini backed away which shocked Navya.

Nandini: I'm happy Navya that you realized your mistake but that doesn't mean that I'm going to forgive you. It's not really that easy as you think it to be Navya. It's not easy but I'll try but please don't keep any expectations...

She whispered and turned to the other side. Navya wiped her tears and again continued telling everyone about yesterday's event. How she accused Mukti and Nandini for nothing, how Nandini tried to solve everything, and lastly how Manik heard half of the things and presumed Nandini's fault and then the fight...

After listening how Manik treated his daughter, Vishnu lost his calm and stormed towards Manik who was in guilt by now. Vishnu held his collars and punched him on the face.

Vishnu(shouting): How dare you raise your hand on my daughter haan? How dare you?

He was going to kick Manik but Abhi came and stopped him. Nandini who was crying came forward and stood in front of Manik. She was looking into his eyes while his eyes, filled with guilt and pain looked at her and suddenly thud... Nandini had slapped Manik tightly.

Nandini: This is for raising your hand on me. I've not given this right to anyone and nor will I ever give. Don't expect me to be a traditional woman, who would keep everything to herself and cry sitting in one corner. No... I'm not that type of girl.

She took out her engagement ring and placed it on his hands furiously.

Nandini: I don't know what our future beholds but all I know is that if we have a future together then you shall make me wear this ring when you yourself think that you deserve me and my forgiveness.

Manik looked at her in shock. He was guilty but somewhere he thought that she'd give him another chance but she indirectly called off the marriage so boldly.... His thoughts broke with Raj's voice.

Raj: I'm sorry for Manik's behavior Vishnu and Nandini, I'm totally with you in your decision.

Anita: Raj bhaisahab aap please sorry mat boliye. Aur jab tak Nandini nahi chahegi yeh shaadi nahi hogi.

Nyonika: Ji Anita ji mera bhi yahi manna hai. After all it's their future so they should decide where their priorities lie.

Manik understood his mother's silent taunt for him.

Vishnu: Lekin hum sab abhi bhi ek family hain aur hum sab ek family outing par aaye hain aur hum umeed karte hain ki dono bacchon mei Jo bhi misunderstandings hain woh clear ho jaye aur woh agle mahine tak shaadi kar le. Lekin Manik you need to be careful.

He said dangerously as if warning him while he stood there guilty. He tried to talk to her once but she ignored him like hell.
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤