57. Once And For All

I hate it when my anger comes out in the form of my tears because you'll only consider it as my weakness..

My thoughts were just stuck up on one thing and that was Alya. That one name which ultimately lead me to the other problems of my life- Navya, Dhruv, Rishit and Ridhima, Manik and Mukti...I don't understand but Mukti's behaviour is just too strange these days as if she's hiding something. My thoughts broke as I felt two pairs of arms hugging me from back, wrapping me in his warm embrace. I smiled in content and leaned back in his chest, as he pecked my head lovingly.

Manik: Kya soch rahi ho?

I looked at him from the mirror and saw him already looking at me with concern.

Nandini: Just the usual Manik. How would everyone react after knowing Alya's truth, what about Navya di? What would she feel? Will she be guilty? What would..

He turned me to face him and kept his finger on my lips, refraining me to speak further. I looked at him in confusion.

Manik: Do you think you can hide your feelings from me?

I looked at him in awe while he just smiled faintly.

Manik: Nandini, I love you, I'm your better half. I've the right to share your sorrows and worries as much as your joys and success. Don't shut me out, tell me what's bothering you?

I smiled at him with tears in my eyes. What did I do to have him in my life?

Manik: The same that I did...

I looked at him in surprise to which he chuckled softly. He hugged me to which I responded immediately.

Nandini: Manik, I'm worried about Mukti.. She's behaving very strange these days. I feel she's hiding something from me.

He broke the hug and studied my face, his eyes were blank but then he sighed and held my hands.

Manik: Maybe she's just worked up due to Navya's behaviour. She must be hurt with.. With...

He trailed off his words making me sigh helplessly. I removed my hands from his grip and walked towards the bed.

Nandini: Nahi Manik. I know how Mukti is. If you think that the day Navya apologized and everything was sorted, then you are completely wrong..

He looked at me with forrowed brows and walked towards me, sitting beside me.

Nandini: Manik, words hume jitna hurt karte hain naa, utna heal nahi kar pate. For Navya's happiness, we all said that we forgave her but the truth is that we still have the scars which her venomous words gave us...

He held my hands as I continued speaking while gazing at our entwined hands.

Nandini: Manik, uss din jab Mukti ne kaha ki Haan Navya I forgive you, did you know what she mean?

Manik nodded his head in a no and I smiled at him.

Nandini: She meant that she will forget everything that Navya once said but not forgive her ever. She meant that she won't care anymore about whatever Navya says or thinks.

Manik looked at me with surprise to which I gave him a faint smile..

Nandini: Manik, kuch zakhmo ki koi dawa nahi hoti. Mukti has never hidden anything from me and this makes me curious and worried as hell because I know she's hiding something.

Manik came forward and held my hand, pulling me towards him.

Manik: Nandini, ho sakta hai she's not ready to share her problem with you for now. Give her sometime, I'm sure she'll come around. Hmm?