50. I Won't Give Up

At this phase of our lives, if you say that I felt jealous as she hugged Manik, so that's a no because I trust him enough to act immature but if you say that I didn't like the way she hugged him, would be accurately correct..

I could hear Soha whispering.

Soha: Alya.. .

I looked at her to find the same reaction on her face that conveyed shock and disappointment. Manik broke the hug forcefully and took a step back, so you see, I don't need to be insecure.

Manik: Wh....what are you doing here Alya?

As soon as the words came out of his mouth, Alya looked at Manik with hurt clearly written on her face.

Alya: Why Manik? Couldn't I come here? I know my friends have banished me but have you also...?

She broke into tears, not realizing how much she was hurting us. Aryaman side hugged me, giving me the emotional support that Rishit must have given me, had he been here but then in a way, it's better that he isn't here or I know, he would have lost his shit on her.

Alya: Dhruv, he left me, alone... I didn't know where to go Manik..

We all got confused and I could literally feel that there's something wrong.

Maddy: What are you trying to say Mrs. Vedant?

Alya looked at him bitterly but then composed her expressions and looked at Manik, not before looking around as if finding someone.

Alya: Manik, Dhruv suffered a huge loss in his business and we went bankrupt. Yesterday night, he came upto me and handed me divorce papers, forcing me to sign them and then left me alone, after our house was seized. I didn't know what to do, where to go so I came here as I thought I could count on you..

She fell on her knees and started sobbing. I was just too much overwhelmed and confused. I know Dhruv betrayed me but he can't do all those rude things to Alya because his nature is not like that. Once he took up a responsibility, he won't ever back out, no matter what happens... My thoughts broke as I heard Manik speaking.

Manik: Buddy, he...he won't do this. He.. Can't..

Alya's red, swollen eyes snapped towards him and for a minute, I thought I saw a tinge of anger, a kind that you don't see commonly but then she changed her expression in a nanosecond.

Alya: You think I'm lying to you?

Manik immediately sat down on his knees and hugged her tightly, rubbing her back.

Manik: No,no Alya..I trust you. It's just it's hard to believe that buddy would do something like this..

Now, I don't like this because somewhere down the line, Alya was undoubtedly his first, his first everything so he must be having some special connection but then I can't just doubt him for nothing. My thoughts broke as I saw Manik making Alya sit on the couch, much to everyone's disappointment and making her drink water.

Soha looked at me, with fire spitting from her eyes and all I could do was to gesture her to be calm to which she immediately looked away. Suddenly Appa got up, followed by the elders.

Vishnu: Uh.. Ab hume chalna chahiye Raj. Raat bohot ho rahi hai...

Dad looked down awkwardly and my parents greeted everyone formally and came in front of me. Appa put his hand on my head, caressing my hair lightly.

Vishnu: I'm always there for you princess. Never let anything bother you. I'm there if you need me. Take care..

I closed my eyes to stop the tears from spilling out and also to feel the peace and love that my appa's touch provided me. For a minute, I forgot everything but as soon as Appa removed his hand, my eyes snapped open.