35. Haldi Ka Rang

Love is just not a emotion that demands to be felt, but it's something that demands to be hurt, pained and cared for. If you aren't hurt, it isn't love..
Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.
It was finally the haldi ceremony today and everything felt perfect at this moment. Just one day more and then everything's gonna change. I'll be someone's wife, someone's daughter in law. I'll have so many responsibilities apart from my work commitments. I just won't be a single girl but I'll be associated with someone. I'll be Mrs. Manik Malhotra and this whole thing gives me a feeling that is beyond words.

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard the door banging and Mukti barging in with a plate type of thing...

Mukti: Nandini Murthy, I can't believe it. Who would say it's your haldi today? You should get excited and you know jump around like..like girls generally do but here you are, sitting and daydreaming, I don't know about what.

She started confidently, confused in the middle and again confident at the end. She is the most hyperactive and confused soul I have ever come across.

Nandini: Calm down Mukti. You know I'm not the typical girl who would jump here and there. What do you except from a girl who's a doctor? And I don't even need to jump around, you, Soha and Rose are there to jump as a substitute of me.

She cringed her nose at me and gave me a whatever look.

Nandini: Anyway tell me why are you here?

Mukti: How mean! Amma sent me to give you this.

She kept the plate in front of me and I looked at her confusedly.

Mukti: You have to take a bath with these herbal cosmetics, without using anything artificial before coming down for your haldi ceremony

Mukti: You have to take a bath with these herbal cosmetics, without using anything artificial before coming down for your haldi ceremony. Got it?

I nodded my head in agreement when she placed another plate which had a beautiful set of clothes and jewellery. After keeping everything, she left for her room and I started getting ready.
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

At the other side, Manik was thinking about Nandini. How she changed everything in his life-slowly, smoothly and deeply. Everything felt right with her. Every moment spent with her was the most beautiful memory of his life. He was thinking all this when Cabir came in his room, all ready for the ceremony.

Cabir: Manik, tyaar hoja yaar. Tere ko shaadi karni hai yah nahi..

Manik(immediately): Of course karni hai.

Cabir(thinking deeply): Oh, I see.. Tujhe shaadi karni hai.. But uske liye toh tujhe ready hona hoga aur tu toh abhi bhi yahi pada hai.. Toh yeh kaise hoga Manik?

He asked innocently which made him roll his eyes at him.

Manik: Woh aise hoga Cabir, jab tu yahan se chala jayega aur mujhe ready hone dega.