60. My Saviour

What if, our 'what if's'​ come true?

I was absorbing the nature as I watched trees passing by and the cool breeze played with my hair. I closed my eyes in peace, feeling the wind hitting my face. I felt a hand on my knee which made me smile because it was none other than my husband's. I looked at him only to find him admiring me.

Nandini: Aise kya dekh rahe ho?

He smiled and shifted his eyes back to the road, caressing my knees softly.

Manik: Bas, dekh raha tha, ki Mai kitna lucky hoon, jo itni khoobsurat ladki meri wife hai.

I smiled at his confession but then thought to play along.

Nandini: Oh really! Yeh subah subah itni cheesy baatein kyu kar rahe hain aap?

He looked at me with a fake hurt expression which almost made me laugh but I bit my lip to suppress my laugh which definitely caught his attention.

Nandini: Manik, mujhe marna nahi hai so please concentrate on driving..

Manik: Mere hote huye tumhe kuch ho sakta hai kya?

I rolled my eyes at him to which he giggled.

Manik: Waise you are looking hot for a doctor so I was you know trying to butter you for ahem, night you know.

I smiling shook my head at him which made him chuckle. I was about to reply when my phone rang displaying Mukti's number which made me smile brightly. I lowered the stereo's volume and picked up the call..

Nandini: Hello!

Mukti: Hello Nandu!

She sounded tensed, as if in a hurry but trying to calm herself down.

Nandini: Mukti, what's wrong?

Manik sensed my worry and held my hand which I held even more tightly.

Mukti: Nothing! You just do me a favour please...

Nandini: Mukti, you know I'll do anything. Bolo, kya karna hai mujhe..

I was freaking out real bad and Manik knew it so he gestured me to put the phone on speaker which I complied as Mukti has become a good friend of Manik.

Mukti: Nandini, please call Abhi and ask him where he is? You know naa he'll never reject your calls like ever..

I looked at Manik with restlessness to which he gestured me to calm down.

Nandini: Kya hua hai Mukti and don't you dare lie to me because I'm tired of these unwanted secrets.

She sighed on the other side, listening to my voice which had seriousness and frustration..

Mukti: Nandini, just know that Abhi got to know the secret that I was hiding from everyone and now he's angry on me and not picking any of our calls and he's not even in the office. I'll tell you everything, once I get to know his whereabouts...

I was literally shivering with an unknown fear as Manik held my hand tighter.

Nandini: I'll call him and inform you. Bye..

I disconnected the call without hearing her answer as I was too disappointed. Ek problem khatam hote hi,dusri shuru ho jati hai..

Manik: Nandini calm down and call Abhimanyu.

I nodded in agreement and hurriedly called Bhai's number. It rung twice before he answered the call..

Nandini: Bhai, where are you?