29. The Right One

Here we were, discussing oh no sorry arguing about the party, since morning and we had not reached any conclusion yet. I had enough of this so I shouted loudly which made everyone shut their mouths.

Nandini(shouted): Oh just shut up everyone. Subah se idiots ki tarah lade jaa rahe ho. At least ek dusre ki baat toh sunlo.

Rishit: Nanz we..

Nandini: Shut up...

Ridhima: Thank God Nandu. Tune iss chimpanzee ko chup Kara diya. Mai..

Nandini: You too Ree.

She immediately kept a finger on her lips.

When I finally took a relieving sigh, I saw Rishit raising his hand as to say something. I rolled my eyes at him and gestured him to speak.

Rishit: I'm already quiet.

Nandini(irritatedly): I was talking to Ridhima. it's her Nick name.

Rishit: Huh! Ree toh kisi sweet si ladki ka naam hota hai just like me. I mean mai toh ladka hoon but anyways the point is, not someone like her, like a like a, haan karela. She..

He looked at me and I showed my eyes at him which made him quiet. He kept a finger on his lips.

Nandini: Very good. Now listen, there's no club or anything here, so we have to celebrate here only. So I think the venue part is over, right?

They all nodded quietly. Oh Lord thank you for your mercy..

Nandini: OK now tell me one by one, should we celebrate together or in groups.? My vote is for together. Manik..

Manik: Same

Mukti&Abhi: Together

Navya&Cabir: Together.

Maddy: Same because jahan Soha wahan mai

Rishit: Aur jahan Nanz wahan mai..

I showed my tongue to him to which he air kissed me from there. I observed Manik and Ridhima fuming in jealousy. Wait what! Riddhi is jealous. Waah boss aag dono taraf lagi hai. I smirked which was noticed by Soha and Maddy and I could tell that they were ready to pounce on me with their questions.

Rose: Ok then decided. We'll celebrate together.

Abhimanyu: Guys, I'll look after the arrangements with Cabir.

We all nodded and before Manik could come to me, he was dragged by the boys while bhai followed them laughingly. Riddhi was just looking at me curiously to which I raised my eyebrows. She averted her gaze and got up. She walked two steps but then came back. She sat beside me and wanted to say something but was hesitant. I held her hands assuring her.

Ridhima: Are you and chimpanzee Ex's?

Nandini(confusingly): What! No..

Ridhima: Are you sure?

Nandini: Yes. Why are you asking?

Ridhima: Woh..I.....

Nandini: Riddhi you know I'm your only family and you can share with me.

Ridhima(sighed): Nandini, I don't know what is it? I like being around that chimpa..no Rishit. (Nandini smiled) We both are completely different but I feel safe whenever he's around. I feel like I can be myself as he won't hurt me. I am too much confused...

I know she is in love but I need to make sure that Rishit also likes her and is sure about it. I held her hand and made her look at me.

Nandini: Just don't stress yourself. Jo hoga dekha jayega...

She nodded and then went away. The girls were looking at me so I told them everything about their blossoming love. They were looking at me open mouthed. I quickly messaged the boys in our WhatsApp group because now it's high time.

*Guys in my room in 10 minutes.*

The message was delivered and read so I quickly dashed towards my room and exactly in 10 minutes the boys assembled. I was continuously looking at Ree to which he raised his eyebrows. I went closer and asked him in my dead serious tone.

Nandini: What do you think about Ridhima?

He looked at me shockingly while Maddy came forward to stop me but I stopped him.

Ridhima: What will I think about her?

Nandini: Ree, I'm serious...

Rishit: Well.. She's beautiful, independent, confident and stylish.

I signed helplessly seeing him not responding correctly. I rubbed my face in irritation.

Nandini: Ree, Ridhima likes you...

I waited for his reaction but he gave me a blank expression but then chuckled, confusing me.

Rishit: Come on Nanz. She...she doesn't. In fact she hates me. It's written on her face. That karela can never like anybody, I don't know how does she like you so much.

I smiled painfully as I know how hurt my Ridhima is.

Nandini: Because I understand her like nobody else and I'm her only family.

He looked at me surprisingly to which I smiled faintly.

Nandini: Appearances are deceptive Ree. I wanted Ridhima herself to tell you about her life, but now is the time to tell you everything because I know she won't tell you and you both will lose each other.

I paused for a bit, thinking how to expose everything.

Nandini(sighed): Ree, Ridhima belongs to a broken family. Her parents used to fight or should I say they used to have ugly fights. She has seen her father physically abusing her mother, when she was a child. She has seen her mother committing suicide and her hatred increased for her father. Her family, as in grandmother's family didn't support her and she was left behind. Her father got involved with drugs and nearly forgot that he had a daughter to take care for. Fortunately, her father was a rich man, so she used some of his wealth and looked after and educated herself. I met her, few years ago in a medical camp. At first, I thought her to be the rudest person but then, I don't know how she opened up and we became friends.

I ended up crying while everyone was staring at me, shocked to the core. I wiped my tears and went towards Rishit.

Nandini: Ree, I know you are afraid of falling in love but till you don't fall, you won't be able to rise. Trust me, Alya was never the one for you. She was destined to be Dhruv's and that's the reason why, she and Manik also didn't long, although she loved him a lot. Accept it and move on. You both need love. I just have a request, if you're not serious about her, then don't be close to her, it'll just hurt her and break her more.

He carefully listened to me and then hugged me tightly.

Rishit: Thank you for helping me out once again Nandini. I... I know that I love her since the first time I saw her. She's just like you..

He broke the hug while I smiled at him.

Rishit: Haan but the karela version of yours.

He joked and I hit him playfully.

Nandini: Trust me, she's the best girl for you. She'd keep you happy and she's not a karela.

He smirked at the last line.

Mukti: Woh sab toh theek hai but how would they get close?

Rishit: Don't worry Mukti bhabhi, aaj tak Rishit Singhania ke charm se koi bach paya hai kya? Your sister in law also fell for it. In the same way, party mei aag laga doonga uske dil mei. Aap bas dekhti jayiye.

I hit him and we shared a laugh and in between all this, I observed my possessive fiance, who was looking, oh no, sorry, glaring us. I can tell you that he didn't like Rishit's joke. If only looks could, Rishit toh 8000 volt ke jhatkon se shock kha kar Mar jata aur mai toh waise bhi gayi kaam se.. My thoughts broke when I realized that the girls were dragging me out of there...
Shit, it would take a lot of efforts to manofy the monster's anger. Oh, did I tell you that I named him monster whenever he's angry. No right? So now I tell you. Mere majnu Manik abhi monster mood mei hain and I have to pacify him. Aye Aiyappa..
____________________________