02

Arriving home, Davina was ready for her power nap before she spent the rest of the night working on her homework

Junior year was a busy year for her, her wanting to get nothing but the best of grades to get her into the best school where she could also, of course, dorm.

She didn't expect to arrive home to see Peter standing by his own door with his best friend who Davina knew as Mary Jane.

She tried her best not to eavesdrop as she made her way to her door, taking her keys out in an attempt to look busy.

"So I'll uh... I'll see you tomorrow?"

Peter was quick to agree, giving her a friendly hug which she was quick to hug back before leaving him standing there confused.

"What was that about?" Davina finally asked, giving up on her door as she turned to face Peter who slowly shook his head.

"I'm not sure."

The pair watched Mary Jane wave a final goodbye before the elevator doors closed leaving them alone once again.

"Are you really that oblivious?"

Snapping out of his daze, he turned to her, "Wait. What?"

Chuckling now, Davina shook her head, "She likes you, you idiot."

That was enough to have him look at her wide-eyed, surprised at what she said.

"What?"

"Cmon Peter. You're smart. Open your eyes."

As she turned back to her door, Peter stood there thinking the same of her.

He'd been looking at her the same way since she first saved him from the wrath of a young Flash Thompson who declared Peter his number one enemy.

The little brunette in pigtails was quick to step between the boys, shielding a young Peter on the ground from a tough looking Flash who stood above him.

Peter watched in awe as she pushed Flash to the ground, yelling at him before going to help Peter stand up on his feet.

Ultimately, that incident also sparked a friendship between Flash and the young girl but from that moment on Peter took a notice of the girl who eventually became his neighbor once he moved in with his aunt May and uncle Ben.

From that moment on, he'd been in love with his neighbor, but like him apparently, she remained oblivious to the fact and instead just saw him as that: a neighbor, a friend if anything.

Finally opening the door, Davina turned to him again, biting her lip, "Can I just ask you something?"

Peter only nodded, not being able to find the words to reply to her.

"Why don't you like her? I mean Mary Jane is an amazing girl."

Peter shrugged now, feeling nervous all over again, "I just... I'm interested in someone else."