07

"What we have is a great love, it's complicated, intense, all-consuming, no matter what we do and how much we fight, it'll always pull us in

"What we have is a great love, it's complicated, intense, all-consuming, no matter what we do and how much we fight, it'll always pull us in. "

Davina had never been as nervous as she was in that moment.

After her shift at work, she made a quick stop to the pharmacy, purchasing multiple pregnancy tests, her heart rate increasing as she paid for it.

The older woman on the other side of the counter smiled at her, but she only figured she did that because of the ring sitting on her wedding finger.

As she searched for the pregnancy tests she recalled her mother telling her the stories of when she purchased her own and found out she was pregnant with Davina.

The woman behind the counter ringing her up shook her head as she checked the items out, obviously disappointed in the young girl for ruining her life.

But this was different for Davina, being a married woman and possibly pregnant with her and her husband's first child was a big step for them.

Sure it wasn't expected but it was good news nonetheless.

Peter had shown just how great he was with kids whenever Spider-Man interacted with them and Davina doing the same with her niece and nephew.

They were great with kids so they should be ready for this but that didn't make Davina less nervous in any way.

"Good luck." the woman said with a smile, Davina faking a smile back as she thanked her before hastily grabbing the bag and walking away.

She figured with Peter canceling to pick her up he was busy doing his Spider-Man duties so that'd give her the time to take the tests without him knowing.

She had always planned to make this big surprise for the father of her child when she announced her pregnancy, especially for their first child.

She wanted to make it special.

But as she waited for the minutes to pass by anxiously, looking at the tests that sat on the counter, her mind suddenly came to a blank.

What if she wasn't pregnant and was getting worked up for no reason?

Sure she was never one to miss a period and had been feeling sick lately but maybe that was just a coincidence.

Her and Peter had eaten some nasty food a few days prior which definitely didn't make him feel good either.

But still, the damage was done and she wasted money purchasing the tests, now realizing how easily she could've had blood taken at her job to confirm it for free.