13

Getting pregnant at 16 was never something Sharon imagined would happen to her

She almost didn't believe it until somehow her aunt Peggy found out, forcing her to go to a doctor to confirm what Sharon already knew was real.

Her aunt Peggy was very supportive of her, encouraging her to have the baby and while Sharon knew her own mom would feel the same, she knew she couldn't.

So, she hid the pregnancy as best as she could until school ended where she practically begged her mom to let her aunt Peggy take her for the summer.

While her mother thought she had taken her niece somewhere amazing they really only traveled a few states over to Boston where Peggy had a job and Sharon thought it fit to have the baby.

At the hospital once she had given birth, Sharon held Davina, almost contemplating keeping her but when that baby opened her eyes, she knew she had to do what was best for her.

She knew she had to give her away. So after both her and Peggy had their tearful goodbyes, the baby girl was taken away, Sharon having to forget it all happened.

That little girl changed her life for the better. Sharon turned into a straight A student, wanting to be the best version of herself.

When she joined Shield she felt like she was doing just that, until it fell and she had to do it all over again.

She joined the CIA in hopes to restart, never expecting to get a call from her ex boyfriend claiming he needed to see her as soon as possible.

She didn't want to get her hopes up, thinking she'd see her daughter but when she finally made it to Boston and walked into his office, she saw just that.

A younger version of herself with brown hair just like she remembered her aunt Peggy's hair was.

She didn't even need an introduction to bring the young brunette into a tight hug, the two crying as they held each other.

Sharon opened up to her daughter almost immediately, telling her exactly everything she went through, every decision made about her in hopes she made it to a good home.

When Davina spoke about the Andersons, she knew she had gotten just that.

Davina definitely wanted to cry but luckily she made it through it all, telling her birth mother every last detail about her parents.

After that meeting the pair kept in touch, Davina not warming up to her new set of parents until many months later where she finally started calling them mom and dad.

Now everything seemed perfect between the two, Sharon even introducing Davina to her then boyfriend Steve Rogers who along with everyone else couldn't believe the resemblance.

"I knew you looked familiar!" Tony was the first to yell once Sharon announced it to the group who had too managed to come together once again.

Now they were like a second family to her.

While she didn't have Connor with her along the way, she had Sam Wilson who was very much like big brother to her.

And Wanda Maximoff was like the sister she never had, Tony also joining Sharon and Christian in becoming a parent figure even if Davina referred to him as grandpa to annoy him.

But this new family is why she was so comfortable with going to 'work' that morning.

Since Matt was out of a job until her father could fix the building, she had to take lead in getting money for the two, speaking to Pepper prior about working for 'Stark Industries'.

Pepper assured her that even if she wouldn't be present, Tony would be sure to be there to tell her exactly what to do.

And when she did get there Friday was quick to tell her where he was, her entering the lab to see Tony there with none other than Peter Parker.

"Peter Parker. You're the last person I thought I'd see here."

Peter immediately dropped the tool he was working on in surprise, leaving Tony to glare at him for their messed up work.

"I-I uh- sorry."

Sighing, Tony dropped his own tools and looked up as Davina entered with a smile, "I see you still have that power over him kid."

"I don't know what you're talking about. Peter is in a committed relationship and I am an engaged woman."

Tony's eyes widened at Davina as she lifted her hand for him to inspect, Tony doing just that, "I can't believe he actually did it."

"What do you mean?" Davina asked with a frown, Tony shrugging as he let go of her hand.

"That kid had four sets of parents to ask for permission for your hand in marriage. Let's just say I wasn't so welcoming as your folks or Rogers."

"Wait. You're related to Steve Rogers too?" Peter asked now intrigued, Davina smiling at that memory.

"He's my grandpa." Tony burst out laughing at that, Davina turning to him with a smirk on her face, "So are you."

His laughing was quick to stop, instead glaring at the brunette as she giggled, making her way to Peter.

"Sam's my brother; Wanda's my sister; Natasha and Clint are my cool uncle and aunt; Bruce is the cool uncle I never see; Tony, Steve and Bucky are my grandpas. Although, Tony and Steve are actually married in secret-"

She was cut off by Tony hitting her in the arm, Davina giggling at her triumph when the doors opened.

"Don't hit my kid Stark." A voice demanded, the three turning to see Sharon Carter walking in with a smile on her face.

"Hey mom," Davina was quick to go over and hug her, Peter watching wide eyed.

"That's the same reaction we all had."

"Wow. I mean Davina showed me a photo but wow."

The two now walked over, Sharon's arm now around Davina's shoulder as she smiled at the younger guy.

"Peter. That's my mom, gross."

"No-No! It's not that! It's just- wow you two look so alike."

"And you must be Peter Parker. Davina- I mean everyone's told me so much about you."

Peter tried to ignore the fact that Davina stopped her mother from saying she's spoken of him, and instead smiled at the older agent.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Ms. Carter."

The two shook hands, Davina smiling at the pair before returning to Tony's side, "Okay. Pepper said you had a bunch of tasks for me today."

"Yeah. Stay out of my way." Tony spoke simply, Davina rolling her eyes as she went where Peter was standing.

"Or I could help you with this. We all know I have better hands than Parker."

Peter went to protest but instead remained silent, Tony chuckling at that, "Alright then. Get your money's worth."

So Peter stood watching, realizing for the first time just how much he's missed from Davina's life.

This new life with all this new family, looking just as comfortable as she did with her other family.

Davina Anderson had never been Davina Irvine-Carter more than she was in that moment.

*** I work soon so I'm trying to post my double chapters before I have to leave! Bare with me 🙈